3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2015 1:01 PM by Steve Grisetti

how to shorten many pictures in a project in one shot

Peter_goes_Priemiere

Hi there, I just working on my first project with Premiere Elements 11 and I loaded plenty of clips and pics and rendered it, which took quite a while. No I recognized all pics are shown too long and I want to select all pics to reduce the duration to 1.5 seconds.
      Can someone help me on this ?

• 1. Re: how to shorten many pictures in a project in one shot
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The easiest way is to output the slideshow as a video, then load this video to your timeline, right-click and apply Time Stretch to speed it up. To turn 5 second slides into 1.5 second slides, you'll want to set the speed to 3.57x.

To output a standard definition video, use Publish & Share/Computer/AVI with the DV preset.

To output a high-definition video, use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the M2T 1920x1080i preset.

• 2. Re: how to shorten many pictures in a project in one shot
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter_goes_Priemiere

Premiere Elements 11 presumed on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit

and assuming that all the photos whose duration are to be reduced have the same initial duration.....

Based on the thread title....

1. Select all the photos involved all at one time. To do that, hold down the Shift key and click on each of the photos whose duration you want to reduce.

2. Right click anywhere in the selection, select Time Stretch from the resulting pop up menu.

3. In the Time Stretch dialog, change the duration reading.....if photos are now 5 seconds (00;00;05;00) and you want each to be 1.5 seconds, then set the Time Stretch duration for 1.5 seconds (00;00;01;15)....hours;minutes;seconds;frames...if you are in a NTSC setup (30 frames per second)...15 frames = 0.5 second.

Please consider and let me know if I have targeted what you sought.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...With regard to the Time Stretch dialog Speed % setting...there is no actual set speed to 3.57x. The actual setting is in percentage. More information on that although I do not see this involved if I have interpreted your question correctly.

• 3. Re: how to shorten many pictures in a project in one shot
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'd hope we all remember our high school math enough to know to transpose 3.57x to 357%.