8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2015 9:36 AM by KeyStudio

VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS

Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Ok I have posted here, over at the Feed Back forum and posted to Tom Horgarty's half hearted apology.

The only way to really get their attention is to VOTE with your Dollars. I will start with a cancellation of my Photographers subscription plan IF the older original import dialog isn't re-implemented ASAP. No more updates with the New Stinky, feature lacking, import dialog. If another update comes out with the new import window I will at that time process the cancellation.

I still have LR 5.7.1 installed long with PS CS5. I can easily go back to those versions without any problem for the work I do in both LR and PS. If and when I buy a new camera that is not included in ACR I'll just use the free DNG converter or maybe switch to some other RAW editing program that actually cares about the User Base.

• 1. Re: VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS
          markb8593434

i had the exact same idea, and last night cancelled my second Photographer subscription that my kids used At school.   My High school age kids are intelligent enough to know how to use the import function and work with files for me. Too bad Tom Hogarty is not as smart or technologically talented as a 16 yrs old.  To avoid further embarrassment to Adobe  and harm to our livelyhood Tom should resign, he obviously is not smart enough to be in charge of such an important product.  If he does not resign Adobe should fire him

• 2. Re: VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS
            Keith_Reeder Level 4

At least he's not trying to draw a similarity between this mis-hit with the import dialogue (which Adobe will fix) and people dying in plane crashes, eh?

markb8593434 wrote:

Tom should resign, he obviously is not smart enough to be in charge of such an important product.

Are you for real? Until (so to speak) right now we hadn't heard a squeak from you - so clearly Lr was obviously fine under Hogarty's stewardship until a few hours ago!

You lot really need to get a sense of proportion about this...

Besides - what kind of "pro" has no back-up strategy for situations like this?

• 3. Re: VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

Shootistbond007 wrote:

I'll just use the free DNG converter

So despite all the histrionic anti Adobe posturing, you'll still freeload off them by using their converter...

• 4. Re: VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS
                Keith_Reeder Level 4

I have no intention of "voting with my dollars (pounds)" - partly because Adobe will fix this; partly because in any event it works perfectly for me; and partly because I haven't suddenly turned into a hysterical thirteen year-old girl.

• 5. Re: VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS
                  Tom Murray 1 Level 2

Shootistbond007 wrote:

Ok I have posted here, over at the Feed Back forum and posted to Tom Horgarty's half hearted apology.

The only way to really get their attention is to VOTE with your Dollars. I will start with a cancellation of my Photographers subscription plan IF the older original import dialog isn't re-implemented ASAP. No more updates with the New Stinky, feature lacking, import dialog. If another update comes out with the new import window I will at that time process the cancellation.

I still have LR 5.7.1 installed long with PS CS5. I can easily go back to those versions without any problem for the work I do in both LR and PS. If and when I buy a new camera that is not included in ACR I'll just use the free DNG converter or maybe switch to some other RAW editing program that actually cares about the User Base.

Yes, but think of all the cell phone shooters that will rush to buy LR when they hear of the wonderful new import dialogue.

• 6. Re: VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS
                    Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Keith_Reeder wrote:

Shootistbond007 wrote:

I'll just use the free DNG converter

So despite all the histrionic anti Adobe posturing, you'll still freeload off them by using their converter...

Only IF I continue to use LR 5.7.1 which I bought outright and still have installed on my computers. I just got done importing all images into LR 5 I had originally imported to CC 2015. I am seriously considering uninstalling LR CC and PS CC from my systems and cancelling my subscription.

Who says Adobe will fix it? I have heard no word on whether or not they will bring back the older import system. I don't want nor will I accept an Improved new system.

• 7. Re: VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS
                      markb8593434 Level 1

Keith, I was going to you give a detailed reply but decided you are not worth my time so I decided to keep my reply short. Forurms like this are generally not work my time.  I usually end my comments directly to the Adobe support email.  Last night the outrageousness and stupidiy got the better of me and I faultered and expiosed myself to the likes of you./

• 8. Re: VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS
                        KeyStudio Level 2

"I haven't suddenly turned into a hysterical thirteen year-old girl."

No reason for misogyny here.