1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 10, 2015 1:14 PM by Mrinmay Majhi

Lightroom previous catalog not closing and new photos won't show up on "new photos" import

kyrab11

I took a few pics on my NikonD3200 and stuck the SD card into my computer, which is set up to automatically open up Lightroom 5 and open up the importing dialog. My "new photos" would not show up. I tried to skip the backup on my previous set of images and closed Lightroom entirely. I tried again, using the new and ONLY Lightroom window, and the previous catalog was STILL there after I already prompted to skip the backup and start fresh. This time, I tried to back up the old catalog to see if that would make it go away. I restarted my computer, closed out of the old Lightroom window, and pulled up a fresh one AGAIN. Same issue, old catalog won't go away and "new photos" won't even pop up. When I went to "all photos" in my import dialog to see if I could even see ANY of my new photos, they weren't even there. So my Lightroom won't properly close/start fresh AND it can't read my newest images on my SD card. (I have used this SD card a hundred times on this Lightroom app. It's not a new card and it's not broken)

Help! I have a Gateway NE56R34u.

• 1. Re: Lightroom previous catalog not closing and new photos won't show up on "new photos" import
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi kyrab,

Please follow the below steps.

> Quit Lightroom

(In Windows : Open task manager and end task Lightroom.exe)

(In Mac : Open Activity monitor and force quit )

> Navigate to C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences (In Windows)

/Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences (In Mac)

> Rename Lightroom 5 Preferences.agprefs to old.Lightroom 5 Preferences.agprefs (In Windows)

com.adobe.Lightroom5.plist to old.com.adobe.Lightroom5.plist (In Mac)

> Relaunch Lightroom and check for the issue.

Let me know if this helps

~Mrinmay