Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing Captivate 4

Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a legit copy of Captivate 4, purchased some time ago but never installed. I would like to install it now, but keep coming up against the warning that my Flash Version is too old - I have the most recent version of Flash, but the old Captivate installer doesn't recognise it. Is there a "work around"?

Thanks in advance.

Lisa

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 4 is about 7 years old, it will not collaborate with the most recent Flash Player, you'll have to downgrade to a  much older version of the Flash player. I don't have CP4 installed anymore, cannot verify for which player it was suited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, I'll try to find out if this is possible.

Cheers

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you manage to cross the Flash Player hurdle, the next likely hurdle would be that it simply won't run (or run properly) on your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

If you are getting the above error. Uninstall the current flash player and delete the leftover entries by following the below URL :-

Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

Once you have uninstalled Flash player and deleted the leftover entries, Restart your machine.

Install the Flash Player Version 13.0.0.309 from Archived Adobe Flash Player versions

This should fix the issue.

Thanks,

Shaleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources