7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 2:40 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color

Paul T. Fischer

If I activate the fill color then,

• Select a color in the swatches panel, it changes color like its suppose too
      • Select a color from a swatch library , it changes color like its suppose too (e.g. from the swatches panel > context menu > Open Swatch Library > Metal )
      • Select a color from a Color Theme that is stored in the Libraries Panel doesn't work

How do I select a Color from this? (see below) If i double click, select the context menu, try to save to my swatches, I can't for the life of me figure out to select a color. Why is this so unintuitive?

Libraries Panel.png

• 1. Re: Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It may be that it is not yet implemented in Illustrator CC 2015. In InDesign CC, Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC, development of the CC library feature (InDesign) or the Library feature (Illustrator and Photoshop) has been very fast.

Nevertheless, there are still gaps in the implementation that no doubt will be added in the new few releases.

• 2. Re: Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color
            Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Paul,

So.... just to double-check: If you tap a color from your themes, then create a fillable shape, it doesn't automatically populate the shape? Or, if you change the color swatch in your tool panel, then create a fillable shape, it doesn't automatically populate it with the color?

Sue.

• 3. Re: Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color
              Paul T. Fischer Level 1

Hi Sue,If I create a shape then tap the a color swatch from the theme color, yes it does work, I realized.

However, when I don't have a shape selected first, then it doesn't work. Note: Selecting a color by any other means, e.g. Color, Color Swatch panel, etc does change the fill color regardless if a shape is created first or not.  This is inconsistent behavior me thinks.

Thanks for your help,-Paul

To: Paul Fischer <etherealblue37@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 3:58 PM

Subject:  Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color

Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color

created by Sue Garibaldi in Adobe Capture - View the full discussionHi Paul, So.... just to double-check: If you tap a color from your themes, then create a fillable shape, it doesn't automatically populate the shape? Or, if you change the color swatch in your tool panel, then create a fillable shape, it doesn't automatically populate it with the color? Sue.  If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8058301#8058301 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8058301#8058301 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Adobe Capture by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 4. Re: Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color
                Paul T. Fischer Level 1

Sorry, thanks for pointing that out, I'm using Illustrator CC 2015, I'm working with Sue Garibaldi currently, Adobe cust. service rep.

Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:58 AM

Subject:  Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color

created by Steve Werner in Adobe Capture - View the full discussionYou're not telling us what application your in, or what computer platform. It may be that it is not yet implemented in your application. In InDesign CC, Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC, development of the CC library feature (InDesign) or the Library feature (Illustrator and Photoshop) has been very fast.  Nevertheless, there are still gaps in the implementation that no doubt will be added in the new few releases. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8052887#8052887 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8052887#8052887 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Adobe Capture by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color

Hi Paul,

Yep. Totally inconsistent. It sounds like the syncing is a wonky. Have you tried rebooting the application? And your computer? I know it sounds simplistic but sometimes that's all it takes.

Sue.

• 6. Re: Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color
                    Paul T. Fischer Level 1

Hi Sue,

Yes, rebooting seemed to have worked, strange.  I just verified the problem no longer exists using the steps I previously mentioned.  Oh well. 

I apologize for any inconvenience.  Thanks for your patience and assistance in this matter.

Kindly, :)-Paul

Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 8:38 AM

created by Sue Garibaldi in Adobe Capture - View the full discussionHi Paul,  Yep. Totally inconsistent. It sounds like the syncing is a wonky. Have you tried rebooting the application? And your computer? I know it sounds simplistic but sometimes that's all it takes.  Sue.  If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8064966#8064966 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8064966#8064966 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Adobe Capture by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 7. Re: Selecting a Color from a Color Theme in My Library for Illustrator doesn't change color

Hi Paul.

Happy to help; no inconvenience at all. Glad it's working for you now.

Sue.