4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2015 12:35 AM by PD1234

Lightroom CC - Catalogue

PD1234 Level 1

In lightroom CC 2015.2, my Lighroom "All Photos" photo shows a count that is slightly different (slightly more photos) to the number of photos in my Lightroom Photo folders?  How can I identify what these photos are and where they are located?

One option would be to use flags/colors to identify the missing photos but I do not want to mess up my existing flags/colors by doing this?  Is there another way?

I have to syncing the entire lightroom folder to see if anything is missing but nothing is.

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC - Catalogue
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi PD

Greetings!

"All Photos" photo shows a count that is slightly different (slightly more photos)

You might have missing Pictures in your catalog.Easiest way is to find all those missing Pictures in your catalog

• In Lightroom(menu bar).Select Library>>Find all missing Photos

asasas.PNG

See if you can find them in Missing Photographs

• If so check what is there Previous location by clicking the "?" on top right of the image thumbnail
          • Try locating those Pictures
          • If those pictures are no longer needed delete them from Lightroom

This will bring down the Pictures count as well

Regards

~Akash

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom CC - Catalogue
            johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

To find photos that appear in All Photographs but not in your folders:

1. Make sure Library > Enable Filters is unchecked.
            2. If you have more than one top-level folder showing, right-click one of them and do Show Parent Folder.  Repeat until there is one top folder showing for each drive.
            3. Select one of the top-level folders.  Then Cmd/Ctrl-click the additional top-level folders, so that they are all selected.  Now all of the photos that are in folders are showing.
            4. Do Photo > Stacking > Expand All Stacks.
            5. Do Edit > Select All.
            6. Click on All Photographs.
            7. Do Edit > Invert Selection. The selected photos are those that appear in All Photographs but not in a folder.
            8. Right-click Quick Collection and select Clear Quick Collection.
            9. Do Photo > Add To Quick Collection. Those photos are now in the Quick Collection.
            1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Lightroom CC - Catalogue
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Only use my method after you've resolved any missing pictures as suggested by Akash.

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC - Catalogue
                PD1234 Level 1

Great thanks, that identified some of the missing photos.  The rest relates to the new way in which Lightroom mobile syncs (Oct 2015 update) i.e. There were a few photos synced from my iPhone that were included in All Photos in Lightroom but not in my folder count-however, they were in the iPhone device folder in Lightroom but not in my Lightroom folder.  I dragged them to my Lightroom folder and the count reconciles now.  Surprisingly, the photos still seem to be synced to Lightroom mobile even though they have been removed from the iPhone device folder and are in my main lightroom folder-presumably this is a new feature just added.

Thanks

Paul