15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2016 9:02 PM by rrrrrichard

Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll

borisust2@mail.ru

After last update lightroom cant start. Each time in Windows Logs appear:

Faulting application name: lightroom.exe, Version: 6.2.1.10, timestamp: 0x561477b9

Name the failed module: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, timestamp 0x524f83ff

Exception code: 0x40000015

Offset error: 0x0000000000074a46

The ID of the failed process: 0x11ec

Faulting application start time: 0x01d103ec084a180b

Faulting application path: C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom \ lightroom.exe

The path of the failed module: C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Lightroom \ MSVCR120.dll

Code Report: 46030ed2-6fdf-11e5-b4d3-94de80b39aba

Try to reinstall microsoft redistributable. No results.

Need help :-)

• 1. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
          borisust2@mail.ru Level 1

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 10/11/2015, 14:10:12

Machine name: BORIS-PHOTO

Operating System: Windows 7 Максимальная 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150722-0600)

Language: Russian (Regional Setting: Russian)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.

BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/06/14 14:16:32 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 32726MB RAM

Page File: 4549MB used, 30222MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

• 3. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
            pdlanum

Same thing here - Adobe has screwed up again.

Faulting application name: lightroom.exe, version: 6.2.1.10, time stamp: 0x561477b9

Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f83ff

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0000000000074a30

Faulting process id: 0x16b0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d10b82b6559257

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\AdobeLR6\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\AdobeLR6\Adobe Lightroom\MSVCR120.dll

Report Id: e68864cf-4002-4584-8ab1-bead0f20b8e2

I uninstalled Lightroom and reinstalled from the original v6.0 package.

It's a good thing that I do not depend on this for a living....

I am using the Perpetual license. You know the one, that after you pay in full for the program (I have been using Lightroom since v1.0 beta - actually I used the program that Adobe bought out to make Lightroom) that does not get all of the feature updates?

Capture One has been my go to program for some time now. I wonder how long it will take to fix this one.

• 4. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
              simonsaith Adobe Employee

Does uninstall and reinstall Lr 6.2.1 help? I suspect it could be a corrupted install.

Assume that Lr 6.1.1 still works for you, can you copy and paste the info from Lightroom's system info dialog? I am wondering if you use any of the 3rd party plug-ins for Lightroom? If you disable those plug-ins from Lightroom's plug-in manager. Can Lr 6.2.1 launch correctly?

Thanks in advance for the info.

• 5. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                pdlanum Level 1

A uninstall/reinstall did not work. Same error being thrown into the log.

I ran was able to open LR6.2.1.1 (installed on two devices desktop - failed) on my laptop and it works. Go figure.

I copied the MSVCR120.dll from the laptop to the desktop and got the same error, so it is not the .dll itself.

What I have done:

Uninstalled LR and associated Adobe folders. I used a third party uninstaller that does a much better registry scrub than the Adobe/Microsoft uninstallers do. I then went through the c:\users\<userid>\appdata\local, locallow and roaming folders removing all references to Adobe LR. I found traces of folder pure, unadulterated crap going back to LR v4.

I use only one plugin for Color Checker Passport/DNG profiles. I did have some free presets too, but the LR folders were deleted => Delete with shift button held down bypassing the recycle bin. I am going through the Program files folder to purge the machine of all things LR.

I also uninstalled ALL versions of MSVC runtimes (x86 and x64) and so far nothing else has crashed or failed => Capture One Pro v8.3.3 and Phase One Media Pro Version 1.5.0.134.

I purchased the perpetual license (the one that is begrudgingly updated by Adobe - but no "new" features for those who have paid in full for the program). I am running on Windows 10 Pro (on both the laptop and desktop), meaning that Adobe is more or less abandoning Windows users since they are such a Apple centric company.

I will keep LR on the laptop since Capture One requires more screen real estate that it has. I will reload Lightroom in a few days but I doubt that I will ever update LR again and I have been a user of Lightroom since the beginning and I was using the program that Lightroom was based on before Adobe bought it out.

Lightroom did not recognize the correct OS until 6.2 - 6.1 said my Windows 10 Pro was 8.1. So, no I can not past my system configuration because Adobe software is not loaded on my machine but here is the information:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel Core i7 CPU 960 @ 3.2 GHz

24 GB RAM

Pen / touch support (Intuos 5)

c: 120GB SSD

D: 1TB Mirrored

E: 6TB Mirrored

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 Ti (GPU disabled in LR)

You are welcome.

• 6. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                  simonsaith Adobe Employee

Do you use and load any third party Lightroom plug-ins from ON1 and others? We found several cases where malformed plug-ins could cause Lr 6.2.x to crash on startup. Please see Lightroom CC 2015.2.1 crashes when opening or opening after creating new catalog and check if it matches your case. The vendors have been notified and they might already offered a patch to fix the issue.

• 7. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                    pdlanum Level 1

Ah, no.

As I stated in my previous post. The only plug-ins I used (please not past tense) are those from X-Rite. Otherwise I use NO plugins.

• 8. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                      pdlanum Level 1

I re-installed Lightroom and it works, however I did a major clean up in order to get to work.

Started off by deleting LR with an uninstaller that "cleans" the registry. (In quotes because is just brushes the surface).

Manually deleted all references to LR from C:\Users\<UserID>\AppData\Local ... LocalLow and Roaming for all accounts on the device. (Found leavings all the way back to LR 4.0 in all folders)

Manually deleted all reference to LR from "Program Files" folder.

Manually deleted all reference to LR from "Program Data" folder.

Manually searched for and deleted all references to LR in the registry in all User Key structures.

Reinstalled LR, went through the update process and low and behold it works. I still don't have the haze function because Adobe really likes to mess with people who buy perpetual licenses. This was way too involved for your average computer user to go through. Adobe needs to come up with an uninstall process that really uninstalls their software.

So there it is - a fix - painful as it is - no known root cause. Yet another band aid to keep Adobe software working

• 10. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                        pdlanum Level 1

In my case - see the above comments - I was running the latest version. Your suggestion about the "Missing msvcp110.dll file" is just plain wrong in my case.

At no time were any DLL"S MISSING. However, thanks for the reference to re-installing the MSVC runtimes, but that is a moot point now.

Please read this again. Uninstalled - Installed LR v6.0 and updated to LR 6.2.1.. Failed with same error.

As part of my attempt to resolve the issue, I did verify that I was running the latest version of Creative Cloud Desktop Application. In fact I uninstalled Lightroom and the Adobe Creative Cloud application from my machine. I did a fresh install of Lightroom (I saved the LR6 install executable to my local system) and let it update completely before executing the program. It failed.

Over the next three or four days, I proceeded to remove all References to LR from folders/registry, per the above comment. I reinstalled LR 6.0 as in the above paragraph and let the system go through all of its updates (CC Desktop and LR). Now the system works but for how long - who knows?

• 11. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                          BeBop2

How did you manually clean the registry? I've done everything but that and it still won't launch.

Thanks,

• 12. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                            henrik boc97542896

I have exact same issue as described, and I really want to avoid to go through all steps just to realize that it do not fix the issue..

Any resolution yet on this issue, or work around..

• 13. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                              CHeil Level 1

I was having the exact same issue and was about to do the full uninstall/clean of the registry when I ran across the post below.  I had tried uninstall and reinstall, reinstalled video drivers, and about two off-and-on weeks of other troubleshooting.  I repaired the Visual C++ Redistributable and LR magically started loading again.  I wish there was better error messaging around the crash and I wish I had found this post much, much sooner in my troubleshooting.  Hopefully it will help others as well.

Crash in Lightroom CC 2015/6 in Windows with exception code 0xc0000409 in the faulting module MSVCR120.dll, after the Li…

1 person found this helpful
                              • 14. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                                Slava Rossov Level 1

Thanks a lot. Wasted half a day reinstalling "Creative" Cloud and Lightroom. Had to "repair" existing installation of "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4", it did the trick.

1 person found this helpful
                                • 15. Re: Dont start lightroom 6.2.1.1 after last update. Error in module MSVCR120.dll
                                  rrrrrichard

Funny, I think I installed/repaired every damn dll except that one! THANKS.