2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2015 12:03 PM by Mrinmay Majhi

Issue With Importing

kurtb33832014

I started my first import using LR CC 2.1. I thought I changed the file name to something specific and I realized once import started I did not. All files were being named "untitled". I stopped my import, ejected my CF card, then erased the files form my hard drive permanently. I inserted my CF card and started to set up my download, this time figuring out how to rename my files. However, upon starting my import, LR thinks it already imported the first several files even though i erased them from my hard drive. The checkbox to uncheck do not import suspected duplicates is no longer there. I cannot figure out how to now import files I NEED on my hard drive. Please help! I am getting very frustrated with this change. I have to be able to make this decision for myself if LR cannot detect that I erased these files from the folder already.

• 1. Re: Issue With Importing
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
          However, upon starting my import, LR thinks it already imported the first several files even though i erased them from my hard drive.

How did you delete the files?  From within LR or the Mac Finder / Windows File Explorer?  If you used Finder / File Explorer, you'll need to go into the LR catalog and delete them from there also, since they are still in the catalog (even though they're gone from disk).

• 2. Re: Issue With Importing
            Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi kurtb,

As Lightroom has already imported the images into the catalog, Lightroom won't allow you to re-import them back.

Also you have mentioned that you have deleted the images from the computer.

Now you only need to remove the image information from the catalog.

In order to do so, please follow the below steps.

> Navigate to Library module

> Remove the folder from the folders panel in the left hand side.

Once done, Lightroom will allow you to import all the images.

Let me know if this helps.

~Mrinmay