12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2015 2:33 PM by RPochop

Lightroom CC 2015.2.1 Still Crashing on OS X El Capitan

rytch

I have installed the 2015.2.1 version of Lightroom CC on my Retina Macbook Pro running El Capitan with 16gb of ram.  I noticed no improvement over 2015.2 and have gone back to 2015.1.1 due to the following issues:

1) First and foremost, it randomly crashes on loading after selecting a catalog in the selection dialog box, and eventually will not load at all

2) Initially after installation, it will not run at all without resetting my preferences, which trashes how I have had the software set up

3) Some images show an exclamation point indicating the image cannot be read and edited properly, when in fact it can be edited.  When I downgrade back to 2015.1.1 this is not an issue.

4) Some installed plugins do not show up in Plugin Manager after the upgrade

5) The 2015.2.1 upgrade (and the .2.0 as well) takes 15-25 seconds to shut down (2015.1.1 shuts down immediately)

So the question is, when can I expect a properly running Lightroom CC 2015.2.x that will work as promised on a Macbook Pro running El Capitan??