4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 12:32 PM by wmcole

Incompatible with Windows 10 - Lightroom 6.1.1

wmcole

1. No longer recognizes nor can connect with Fujifilm X-E1 when attached to workstation.

2. Try to add X-E1 again as a device;  Lightroom pops up what appears to be a Windows Explorer window, however, unlike Windows Explorer window initiated from the Windows Desktop, there is no X-E1 listed under "This PC" devices.

• 1. Re: Incompatible with Windows 10 - Lightroom 6.1.1
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi wmcole,

Could you please update Lightroom to the latest version , that is Lightroom 6.2.1, and then see if Lightroom detects the Camera.

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: Incompatible with Windows 10 - Lightroom 6.1.1
            wmcole Level 1

No, actually this is worse.

The new dumbed-down dialog doesn't show my pre-defined device "X-E1", but shows "Camera".  When I select it the dialog says, "no photos" and there are actually several hundred photos on the camera's 32 GB SDHC card. This is because, as is the case with every digital still camera I have ever owned, the pictures appear in a sub-directory of the camera-formatted card -  i.e. DCIM/101_FUJI

The new LR 'import dialog for dummies' provides no way to define a device, and does not list the X-E1 in devices as does the Windows Explorer window.

So, no, the version is irrelevant: it only compounds the problem and limits user-choices in setting up a device as a source of pictures.

1. Lightroom (latest rev) no longer recognizes nor can connect with Fujifilm X-E1 when attached to workstation.

2. The new dumbed-down import dialog list "Camera" but when selected shows "no Photos" when there are several hundred on the camera.

3. Cannot add X-E1 again as a device;  Lightroom 6.2.1 pops up some Adobe "explorer" side-bar in the new dumbed down import dialog, but shows no devices attached.

• 3. Re: Incompatible with Windows 10 - Lightroom 6.1.1
              Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Could you please Copy the images from the Camera to a Folder on your computer in Explorer, and then try and import the images in Lightroom.

Please try the same and let me know if you are able to import the images.

• 4. Re: Incompatible with Windows 10 - Lightroom 6.1.1
                wmcole Level 1

Of course that works, but is a work around TO A BUG, NOT A FIX!

What appears to be happening is Adobe is going to subsume LR into CC so "perpetual license" users like me will be forced to go elsewhere. And in the process they are "dumbing down" the software and removing feature to make it suite the small-screen (i.e. phone and small tablet users).

Fine, I get the message.  People who need workstation level software that works at least as well as previous versions when updated should find a suitable product from another vendor who takes advanced amateur and professional photographers seriously and is less interested in pleasing the "selfie" crowd.