2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 8:28 AM by dj_paige

Missing files disappear when locate

hardiec2986469

I am new to Lightroom and didn't realize that moving your files on the desktop will mess up the LR catalog. I now know after reading about that. My problem is is when I locate the missing file the images then just go away. they are on my hard drive but LR can no longer see the images to even give a preview screen. Help!!

• 1. Re: Missing files disappear when locate
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please check the location in the catalog to which you are moving the images.

For example if you are linking the images back check if you are able to see the images in the Desktop folder inside the catalog.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Missing files disappear when locate
            dj_paige Level 9

hardiec2986469 wrote:

I am new to Lightroom and didn't realize that moving your files on the desktop will mess up the LR catalog. I now know after reading about that. My problem is is when I locate the missing file the images then just go away. they are on my hard drive but LR can no longer see the images to even give a preview screen. Help!!

The files don't disappear, and they don't "just go away".

In Lightroom they are now located in the new folder where the file is located. Why? Because you told Lightroom to do that. If you look in Lightroom in the new folder, where you told Lightroom the photo is located, then you will find your photos.