3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 3:04 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't use Time Remapping

Bullcrappy

When I try to slow this clip down with time remapping I get the below msg below.  There is no time remapping on this clip... on others yes.  no affects on this clip I am aware of....

help would be appreciated as I am new to program and watching how to videos etc to learn.

time.JPG

• 1. Re: Can't use Time Remapping
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bull

what version of Premiere Elements on what computer operating system?

In your screenshot, is this a video clip to which you are trying to apply Time Remapping. If it is not a video clip, what kind of clip is it. If it is a video clip, what are the properties of that video clip and what is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded it?

Does anything in the error message apply to what you are attempting to do and which the feature does not offer.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Just in case Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Changing clip speed and duration

• 2. Re: Can't use Time Remapping
            Bullcrappy Level 1

Hello ATR

what version of Premiere Elements on what computer operating system? Elements 14

In your screenshot, is this a video clip to which you are trying to apply Time Remapping. If it is not a video clip, what kind of clip is it. If it is a video clip, what are the properties of that video clip and what is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded it? - it is a video clip.  Properties are MPEG Movie, 42.4mb, 1920 x 1080, 59.94 frame rate, 8:49" duration, pixel aspect ratio 1.0

It was recorded on a Sony cam @1080p 30 frames

Does anything in the error message apply to what you are attempting to do and which the feature does not offer. - don't understand question.  - I used the time remapping on other clips in this video, all recorded with same camera and settings...

thanks

• 3. Re: Can't use Time Remapping
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bull

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot repeat what you are reporting with Premiere Elements 14. (For now I will assume that you are working on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.)

Apparently you have met the first criteria for using Time Remapping - you are sure that you are using a video clip. Is there any chance that you have worked with the video clip in such a way that it falls under the categories that Time Remapping will not accept...

a. Favorite Moments clip

b. Time Stretched clip...duration adjusted in Speed % in Time Stretch dialog

c. Instant Movie

If none of the above suggest the solution, then please open a new project and determine if you can repeat the problem.

If none of the above works, would you consider a small sample of the video sent to your thread as a shareable link using Google Drive or Dropbox. I do not use Dropbox, but I can give you a Google Drive how to for the sending.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR