1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 11:25 AM by sarsaxen
      • 1. Re: I bought my lightroom 5 last year at best buy, it has been working fine then I upgraded my computer to windows 10 and I am not able to get lightroom to work. I have chatted with a rep and found that my serial number is working fine on his end.....
        sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi rose_2biz@yahoo.com,

Please try the below mentioned steps that might help you:

Solution 1:

• Quit Lightroom and other adobe applications if you have any.

Set permission to SLStore & SLCache Folder :

NOTE: Perform this procedure two times, once each for the SLCache and the SLStore folders.

Win 7/ Win 8/(Wind 10):SLStore :: ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore
        SLCache::
        Win 32 bit: Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\Win 64 bit: Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\

• In File Explorer, right-click the SLCache or the SLStore folder and choose Properties.
        • Click the Security tab and set permissions:

Administrators: Full ControlPower Users: Everything but Full Control and SpecialSystem: Full ControlUsers: Read and Special

• Click Advanced, and, if asked, accept the User Account Control (UAC)elevation prompt.
        • Click the Owner tab, select Administrators, and click Edit.
        • Select Replace Owner on Subcontainers and Objects. Click Apply, and then click OK.
        • Click the Permissions tab and click Change Permissions.
        • Select Replace all Child Object Permissions with Inheritable Permissions from this Object. Click OK, and then click Yes.
        • Click OK, and then click OK again in the Windows Security dialog box. Click OK to close the Advanced Security Settings dialog box.

Solution 2: Rename the SLCache folder and re-launch Lightroom 5

Then restart Lightroom and check if it still asks you to renew subscription.

If that does not help please check whether you have Creative Cloud Desktop application installed or not. If yes , Please uninstall it as well.

Regards

Sarika