Please check for the updates for the Lightroom in the creative cloud.
If you don't see the update for the Lightroom in the creative cloud sign out and sign back into the creative cloud.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
- Click the Creative Cloud icon, located in the taskbar (Windows) or Apple menu bar (Mac OS), to open the Creative Cloud desktop app. If you don’t see the icon, you can launch the desktop app manually:
- Windows: Choose Start > Programs > Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Mac OS: Choose Go > Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud > Adobe Creative Cloud.
Thank you for the reply! All the LR apps and all LR updates are up to date. Latest LR cc update was accomplished 2 days ago. Any other suggestions?
- Go to Lightroom > Preferences.
- Click on the General tab
- Uncheck “Show ‘Add Photos’ Screen”Restart Lightroom
Just did. I'll let you know how LR performs now. Once again, thank you so much for the quick replies!
It worked!! Thank you!!
Lightroom 6.2.1 was extremely slow in El Capitan particularly on import and metadata writing and had the occasional crash. Rolled back to 6.1.1 and it's still the same although it doesn't seem to crash. So much for things being faster under El Capitan, tempted to go back to Yosemite.
BTW this is writing to the NAS over wifi (I am only comparing it from Yosemite performance, I didn't expect it to be much faster but I didn't expect it to be slower). The metadata writes in particular seems really slow.
Odd though, the wifi performance otherwise seems better, so I'm thinking it's just Lightroom (haven't tried photoshop)
Here's hoping a new version comes along to restore performance back to at least what it was