3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 8:44 AM by Tanuj Sandal

Issues with the sliders in Lightroom 6

jcus Level 1

I have purchased LR 6--do not have a subscription.

For about a month now when editing, the sliders have been "popping" back to a previous setting.  I am now having to place my curser on the line where I want the slider to be for the slider to stay.  If I have to make an adjustment, then it pops back again.  Generally, there is also now a sluggishness when editing. 

I know there have been a couple of updates to LR 6, and that generally, people have been unhappy with the updates as it's created more problems, so I am not sure that I want to update.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Any ideas about what I need to do to fix it?

• 1. Re: Issues with the sliders in Lightroom 6
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi jcus,

Are the Adjustment Sliders in the Develop Module going back to the Default Value, or any other value.

And Also does it happen in any other Module as well ?

Also please update to Lightroom 6.1.1 : Lightroom CC 2015.1.1/Lightroom 6.1.1 Update

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: Issues with the sliders in Lightroom 6
            jcus Level 1

Hi Tanju,

Thank you for replying to my request.

Yes—this happens in the Develop Module and usually the sliders pop back to the default setting, but not always.  Another thing that has started happening is that when I try to crop, the curser will not let me grab or change the size,  and so I will need to go to another corner to drag. 

This only happens in the Develop Module—the only two modules I ever use are the Library and Develop Module, and I have not had any problems with the Library Mod. 

I read a lot of the comments by other users in response to the CEO’s apology for pushing forward the update (I believe it was the 6.1.2 or 6.2 update) and how some were glad they never updated because of various issues.  Are you still recommending updating to 6.1.1?  Also, do you know the reason for this update?  Was LR 6 having issues?  I’ve been using LR 6 for months, and it’s only been in the last month that I’ve started having these problems.

Julie

• 3. Re: Issues with the sliders in Lightroom 6
              Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

The issues that most of the user's are experiencing is with the version 6.2.1, however 6.1.1 won't be any issues.

So I would request you to please update Lightroom to Lightroom 6.1.1