8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 4:04 PM by Tanuj Sandal

"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy"... what?

twmeyer Level 1

This dialog "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose "Switch To" to activate the busy program and correct the problem" opened and LR6 will not start. 
      I'm given two options "Switch to"... which just takes me to my (Windows 7 Pro) Start Menu to choose (apparently) whatever program I want) or "Retry" which does nothing at all.
      "Cancel" is there, but grayed back, so not really there.

I just had a 2 Hour chat with tech support in which their only suggestion was to have me go to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe, find the SL Cache folder and move it to your Desktop"

They then told me to register and try again (alas, with no change), and then said try this "Creative Cloud Cleaner". So I downloaded that and asked it to remove "Creative Cloud" only, and now Photoshop CS6 launches as CS6 Extended, which I did not have and do not want. But the CS6 Extended activation dialog wants my serial numbers, which aren't good for CS6 Extended because 1. that's not what I paid for and 2. it's not what have installed on this computer. I had Photoshop CS6 (not CC) and Lightroom 6 (not CC).

Somehow, CC got installed when I updated to LR6, but not through any deliberate action by me. It was automatically installed by Adobe and now I have no way to access my 140 thousand image files going back to 2001, that have all their adjustments done in Lightroom v6.

I've been on Photoshop since it was Aldus, and in Lightroom since v1.  The clueless folks on Chat at Adobe sent me here because they "did all the steps"... sigh.

Does anyone know how I can just get back to where I was yesterday, CS6 and LR 6, no CC, on my Windows 7 Pro computer?.

Thank you, I have many clients that do not need this.

Tom Meyer