10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 7:06 AM by BobLevine

"Power PC application no longer supported" message after El Capitan upgrade and InDesign CS6 reinstall...?

emilieh

I'm running CS6 on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro, and starting having enormous problems with InDesign after upgrading to El Capitan from Yosemite. It would lock up like crazy, wouldn't "undo" more than a couple of steps backward, there were missing fonts all of the sudden, and in general it was just waaaaaaay slower. I ran the Adobe update on it this morning and it seemed to fix the font and locking up problems but it was still crazy slow. So I uninstalled InDesign tonight and then reinstalled it. I've done that any number of times when ID started acting funky and it would always solve the issues.

So it installed fine, but now it won't open and I'm getting a window that says "Power PC applications are no longer supported." So if anyone has any idea what in the heck is going on here, I would greatly appreciate any details. I can't believe that El Capitan means that I have to upgrade to Creative Cloud. I'm not ready to take the plunge on a subscription when CS6 does everything I need (except right now!!).

Thanks so much.

Emilie