Peter, I am trying to get the OK to provide the project files for you
(this is quite a process), so if you have any further suggestions, let me
know. I was considering rebuilding the project from scratch using the
components (html source files and images) from the "problem" project to
Thank you, Peter, for your understanding in dealing with a large,
bureaucratic organizations. I just need to get an approval from someone
"higher up the food chain". Hopefully, that will be relatively soon. I
truly appreciate your help, Peter, and will provide a link to download the
files as quickly as I can.
Peter, many thanks for the information you provided.
I followed the information in the old posting regarding the Microsoft XML
4.0 Service Packs, it seems to have resolved the issue, but I will
continue to test it. At least the search packages are being generated in
the whxdata folder. Much appreciation for your involvement and assistance.
I know that there are other versions of MSXML and will investigate whether
other changes might be necessary to the Windows 7 Pro on the reimaged
drive that I was provided when my laptop went blue screen.
I don't know if this is helpful. but I've had this happen several times. I have a parent project with about 30 child projects, and periodically one of them is inaccessible when you use Search. The others are, but just not that one.
I learned some time back that the impacted child project apparently went corrupt - maybe it was open when we had a power outage or something. The way I address it is to recreate the project from scratch. It's the only thing that ever worked for me.
Spotcheck, thank you for your suggestion, but I think Peter was able to provide a solution that seems to work.