2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 8:05 AM by niamhob

Exporting an Interactive PDF

niamhob

Hello! I am trying to create an interactive PDF using InDesign CS5. I need to create buttons linking to specific pages in the PDF but every time I export I get an error message saying 'The Go To Page buton action is not supported in PDF. The button appearance will be preserved, but its interactivity will be dropped'. I am already exporting it as a Adobe PDF (Interactive) file and cannot find any solutions that have worked online. Any help greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Exporting an Interactive PDF
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Use the Hyperlinks panel (I recall that it's combined with the Cross-References in CS5). It would be Window > Interactive > Hyperlinks. Go to the page you want to jump to with the button. From the Hyperlinks panel menu, choose New Hyperlink Destination. In the New Hyperlink Destination dialog, select Type: Page. Make sure your current page is selected, and click OK.

Go back to your button, and how choose your action to be Go to Desination, and select the destination your created.

• 2. Re: Exporting an Interactive PDF
            niamhob Level 1

Steve, you will never know how much I love you right now! Thank you!!!!