3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 8:34 AM by Steve Grisetti

Timeline moving when curser is at edge.

erikt32056101

Premiere Elements 12 and Windows 7 64bits. If I move the curser to the edge of the page eg; by the markers or undo-redo buttons on the left (or even by the start button on windows toolbar) or to the right eg:the vertical slider then the timeline will rapidly move in that direction. It does not do this all the time and appears to do this when the editing is more complicated.

• 1. Re: Timeline moving when curser is at edge.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is a crazy bug that occasionally showed up in versions 12 and 13. It was finally corrected in version 14.

Beyond that, I'm not aware of a fix for versions 12 or 13.

• 2. Re: Timeline moving when curser is at edge.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

erik

Have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

However...

I have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 and 14 on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit and have not run into the problem that you have described.

Consequently I am not seeing any 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 issues of this kind fixed in 14.

I suspect that the issue goes to the specifics of your workflow rather than a bug. But, to prove it to yourself, have you considered (for troubleshooting purposes only) downloading and installing the free 30 days tryout of 14 from Adobe and giving it a workout under the same conditions that exist for 12/12.1. You do not have to uninstall12/12.1 to do this. Just use one version at a time.

Also, could you describe the complexity of the Timeline that exists when this issue presents itself as well as the type of edit involved at that time?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Timeline moving when curser is at edge.
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I have experienced what the original poster is seeing on a number of occasions, on both the Mac and PC versions of the program.

I guess it's up to Erik to decide if the problem is with the program or with his system configuration.