4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 9:09 AM by michaels93070536

No reaction after starting premiere 9.0

michaels93070536

I want to start a new projekt or open an allready existed one but there is no reaction. The premiere window is open but no working possibility. Can any boddy help me? :-(

• 1. Re: No reaction after starting premiere 9.0
          A.T. Romano Level 7

michaels

Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of the program, and what computer operating system is involved?

When was the last time that the program worked for you?

The usual questions...

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

3. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

4. Assuming Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit computer

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 9

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Folder find and right click the file specifically named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. Apply Run As Administrator.

Then double click the file to determine if it will open to the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 workspace.

Please consider, review the above, and supply more details. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: No reaction after starting premiere 9.0
            michaels93070536 Level 1

Thanks Romano for your quick and good answer!

After disable the anti-virus it works. I´ve also updeted to 9.0.1 and here some information about my computer:

windows 7

Intel core i7 2.2Ghz

8GB RAM

64 Bit

Why did you ask about QuickTime? What influence does it have on premiere?

• 3. Re: No reaction after starting premiere 9.0
              A.T. Romano Level 7

michaels

Thanks for the update with the great news "...it works." Well done.

QuickTime 7 (classically latest version of it) is a Premiere Elements System Requirement. Without it, you should not find QuickTime presets in the sharing area of the program. There are several formats that will not be supported without QuickTime 7 installation on the computer along with Premiere Elements. And QuickTime, like Premiere Elements, is run as administrator.

Best wishes

ATR