1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 4:17 PM by A.T. Romano

i installed premiere elements 14 successfully and it will NOT open to allow me to edit any of my videos or create multiple video slide shows! please help me! im a photographer and im just beginning w video work as well , ive always used elements 13 and wh

jamiej59324873

i installed premiere elements 14 successfully and it will NOT open to allow me to edit any of my videos or create multiple video slide shows! please help me! im a photographer and im just beginning w video work as well , ive always used elements 13 and when i updated it ruined everything !

• 1. Re: i installed premiere elements 14 successfully and it will NOT open to allow me to edit any of my videos or create multiple video slide shows! please help me! im a photographer and im just beginning w video work as well , ive always used elements 13 an
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jamiej

What computer operating system is involved with both Premiere Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 13/13.1...same computer, same operating system, same everything, except different version?

How far do you get with opening Premiere Elements 14

a. Welcome Screen

b. Welcome Screen/Video Editor

c. Do you ever get into any of the workspaces, such as, eLive, Quick, Guided, Expert?

Many of the following questions will become unnecessary, if your situation is same everything with regard to 13/13.1 and 14....

1. Does problem exist with and without antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 14? And, are you running the program from a user account with administrative privileges?

3. Is the video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

4. Are you working with an Internet connection?

5. What is the level of your computer resources? Where are the scratch disks pointed and how much free hard drive space is at those locations. Please refer to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

6. Will the program let you into the Elements Organizer 14 if it will not into the Premiere Elements Editor?

Let us start here and then decide on troubleshooting strategy based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR