13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 6:18 AM by A.T. Romano

Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"

markk28125169 Level 1

I just upgraded from Premiere Elements 11 to 14 (Mac El Capitan).  In Expert mode, when pressing the "Graphics" button at the bottom of the app, I get the "Animated Objects" (HD and non-HD) and the "Thought and Speech Bubbles", which seems to be Online content (I press "Show All" but that's all that appears).  I don't see the libraries that were available in Elements 11 ("Baby", "Costumes", etc.) as part of the software install.  The clip art files are there in /Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/Support Files/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Contents/Clip Arts/Common.  I've tried searching the forums and have looked at the preferences and also searched the web but didn't find anything.  I guess I could just take the clip art and make it part of the project but it makes me wonder what other options are failing to show up for the other buttons at the bottom of the app.  Am I missing something or is there something wrong?

• 1. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
          A.T. Romano Level 7

markk

How many hours have passed since you downloaded and installed Premiere Elements 14 Mac? It is know that there is a delay before you see Music Tab/Music Score and Sound Effects after the program appears to have been completely installed. There the answer has been "patience" and given several hour limit waiting for the appearance of the files within the program. Any chance of an antivirus or firewalls involvement?

The following is copy/paste of the Content section of my blog on Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details (from Windows perspective)

Graphics.

Premiere Elements 14 and 13/13.1 Graphics are the same,  but considerably more choices in the Expert workspace (359) as compared to the Quick workspace (15). Access to the version 14 content is under the Graphics Tab at the bottom of the workspace.

In the Expert workspace, major categories and number of graphics per category are
          Animals Birds and Insects (13), Animated Objects (18), Baby (21), HD Animated Objects (12), Costumes (39), Thought and Speech Bubbles (24), Food (12), Holidays and Special Occasions (55), Home Items (31), Miscellaneous (67), Music (6), Nature (46), and Sports and Hobbies (15). The underlined major categories do not require Content Download for use; they come with the program install.

The Quick workspace graphics are non categorized and are present under the Graphics Tab in a batch of 15 clip arts from various Expert workspace major Graphics categories. Of the 15, 9 required Content Download whereas 6 do not.

The graphics that come with the program install are found in the Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit path

Local Disk C\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Clip Arts\Common

and in the Common Folder are the category folders for Animals Birds and Insects, Baby, Costumes, Food, Holidays and Special Occasions, Home Items, Miscellaneous, Music, Nature, and Sports and Hobbies. In the latter category folders are the graphic files.

The graphics that require Content download before use are found in the Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit path

Local Disk C\Program Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0\Online\Clip Arts\All_Lang

and in the All_Lang Folder are the category folders for Animated Objects, HD Animated Objects, and Thought and Speech Bubbles. Each of the latter folders contain theme folders which contain the graphic files.

Also look under the Music Button to see what you have there. From my Windows perspective

Music.

Music is back as the name of the Expert and Quick workspace tab under which the project's music files are accessed. This tab was named Music in 11, and Audio in 12/12.1 and 13/13.1. However Content here is the same as in the prior version 13/13.1.

Content here comes in 2 categories, Music Score and Sound Effects. Access to these files appear to be only from the Music Tab at the bottom of the workspace. The Action Bar Menu of 13/13.1 is gone in 14.

Music Score has 7 subdivisions and a total of 51 free soundtracks, customizable according to SmartSound concept, but this is not SmartSound . The Music Score subdivisions and the number of soundtracks in them are Ambient (6), Atmospheric (8), Blues (2), Country (5), Rock-Pop (22), Urban (4), and Weddings (5). The choices appear to be all Content Download type.

Sound Effects has 13 subdivisions and a total of 268 free sound effects. The Sound Effects subcategories and the number of sound effects in them are Ambience (49), Animals (10), Cartoon Effects (20), Crashes (10), Fire and Explosions (18), Foley (30), Impacts (20), Industry (10), Liquids (10), Science Fiction (30), Technology (30), Transportation (11), and Weather (20). The choices appear to be all Content Complete.

The Music Score and Sound Effects folders and files can be found in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit path

Local Disk C\Program Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0\Online. The Online Folder includes a Music Score Folder and a Sound Effects Folder. The Music Score Folder contains an All_Lang Folder which contains folder for the subdivisions. Each subdivision folder contains a theme folder which houses the theme's assets. The Sound Effects Folder has a similar sub-structure.

Notes:

• Although the Sound Effects files and folders are located in the Online Folder, each of the Sound Effects themes did not present in the opened project's Audio Tab with blue ban in its  thumbnail. They appeared to be "ready to go" in contrast to each Music Score theme which presented with the blue ban in its theme thumbnail and needed the "Download Now" or "Download All" command in order to be ready for use.
          • When Music Score or Sound Effect is dragged into the Edit area monitor, the Music Score or Sound Effects goes automatically into the Music Track (formerly called Soundtrack) at the position of the Timeline Indicator. When Music Score or Sound Effect is dragged to an unnumbered audio track, Voice Track (formerly called Narration Track), or Music Track (formerly called Soundtrack), the file can be place on the audio track of choice.

Please let us know if the files show up within the next 24 hours. If not, I would go with a uninstall reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled and running programs from user account with administrative privileges if you are not already.

ATR

• 2. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
            Komal Desai Level 2

markk28125169,

Could please try below to confirm to help us understand if the "Baby", "Costumers" etc... are still not visible:

1.) Switch between Quick & Expert mode and press the "Graphics" button to see if the missing categories are visible or not.

2.) Re-launch Premiere Elements and press the "Graphics" button to see if the missing categories are visible or not.

If the files are present @ /Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/Support Files/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Contents/Clip Arts/Common they should appear in the application.

Thanks,

Komal

• 3. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
              markk28125169 Level 1

ATR, it was your blog entry that initially led me to believe that something was wrong and wasn't some change in product features so thanks for that.  At this point, it's been about 8 hours since the install and the Music items are there.  As I mentioned, the online clip art appears as well (and the files for the non-online clip art was installed and has proper permissions).  I don't have an antivirus program or software/local firewall (there's a firewall on the router).  My user has admin privilege.  One thing that is strange is that the drop-down for the Music sometime is empty, but re-clicking it will make the items appear.  There may be an issue with Premiere Elements 14 for Mac running on OSX El Capitan, but there are some real annoying issues with Elements 11 on El Capitan so that's why I upgraded.  What I may try later is copying the clip art files to where Online files are located.

• 4. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                markk28125169 Level 1

Komal, thanks for your reply.  Switching between Quick and Expert mode and relaunching the application (tried it four times) doesn't make the items appear.  The directories/files are there in /Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/Support Files/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Contents/Clip Arts/Common.  I opened one of the clip art files in another program and it displays.  There's navigate privilege to the directories in question and read privilege for the clip art files.  I currently still have Elements 11 installed (not running at the same time!).  I need to more work to make sure Elements 14 can do what I used to do in 11 before I get rid of it.

• 5. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

markk

Thanks for the follow up.

Based on my Premiere Elements 14 Windows model and if you have not done so before, please consider breaking down the missing Graphics into Content Download and Content Complete and trying to restore the Content Complete before the Content Download.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits. Your findings will be important.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                    markk28125169 Level 1

I received an email from a person at Adobe - they say this is an issue and will be resolved in the next patch.  He suggested the following workaround:

1. Go to /Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/Support Files/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Contents/Clip Arts/

2. You need to copy the Clip Art folder and paste it out of contents.

New path for Clip art folder should be:

/Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/Support Files/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Clip Arts/

Thanks all for assisting me in this.

• 7. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

markk

Thanks for the follow up.

Did your contact at Adobe acknowledge whether this Graphics matter is a known Mac and Windows issue or just a Mac issue? And, if just a Mac issue, is it supposed to be specific to Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan? I have had no problems with Graphics in Premiere Elements 14 Windows 64 bit tryout.

If this is a known issue for both Mac and Windows, I would encourage the Premiere Elements Help Team to post the user fix for now in this forum since it is not known how long it will be before a 14.1 is released by Adobe.

Hoping for some follow up in this thread from the Premiere Elements Help Team or Komal Desai.

ATR

• 8. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                        markk28125169 Level 1

The email I got did not give details about whether the problem is with Mac and Windows or if it's only a problem with OSX El Capitan and not earlier OSX versions.  In the system requirements, Adobe does not list support for El Capitan.  I would presume it's a Mac-only problem.

It's a cautionary tale for those who upgrade early.  But, as mentioned earlier, PE 11 had real issues with El Capitan so I took the calculated risk.  El Capitan is also pretty new.  Typically, I wait when doing an OS upgrade but there was an OSX Yosemite issue specific to my Mac model that people indicated would be fixed in El Capitan (for the most part, they were right), so I did the OS upgrade.

I just  tried the fix that was given to me in the email and it works so I'm marking that reply as the correct  answer.

• 9. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

markk

Thanks for the follow up with the great news that the Adobe emailed solution worked for you using Premiere Elements 14 on Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan.

Sharing that information is a contribution to those facing a similar issue.

I will continue to watch in this forum for some definition from Adobe on the scope of the problem.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                            sagar4209 Adobe Employee

Markk,

This issue is specific to Mac (all versions).

On windows, it will work fine.

Thanks,

Sagar

• 11. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

sagar4209

Thanks for the clarification. Can I assume that you represent Adobe in these statements? Or, are you not employed by Adobe and are offering these observations from your personal use of the product?

This issue is specific to Mac (all versions).

On windows, it will work fine.

If you were the Adobe person who sent markk the email with the following instructions

1. Go to /Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/Support Files/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Contents/Clip Arts/

2. You need to copy the Clip Art folder and paste it out of contents.

/Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/Support Files/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Clip Arts/

What happens to the Contents Folder in these instructions.

a. The Clip Arts Folder is in the Contents Folder at the start. You copy the Clips Arts Folder.

b. You seem to be putting the Clip Arts Folder in the Adobe Premiere Elements app Folder instead of the Contents Folder.

c. Is the Content Folder ending up deleted in all this when you write

Thank you. Your troubleshooting information will be put to good use by the Premiere Elements 14 users with the Graphics issue cited in this thread.

ATR

• 12. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                                sagar4209 Adobe Employee

Hi ATR,

I am putting these comments on behalf of Adobe PRE Team.

In addition, the 'Content' folder will remain as it is (No need to delete 'Content' folder). We just need to take 'Clip Art' folder out of 'Content' folder.

Thanks,

Sagar Tandon

• 13. Re: Installed Clipart not appearing when pressing "Graphics"
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Sagar Tandon

Thank you for the follow up additional information. Appreciated.

Thank you and the Adobe Premiere Elements Team for the prompt attention to this Premiere Elements 14 Mac Editor Graphics issue.

Great customer service.

Best wishes

ATR