2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 11:51 PM by shenstoneUK

Premier elements keeps crashing on windows 10 PC

shenstoneUK

running on an I7 with loads of disk and memory, an up to date graphics driver and I have tried reinstalling and still no luck.

No other software (and I run a lot of photo software) has had any issues at all

I'm attaching some windows event log items in the hope that someone from adobe is collecting information to come up with a fix. At the moment I am thinking of reverting to PE 12 which runs fine

Any ideas ?

Regards

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 14.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55e5a5ad

Faulting module name: AudioFilters.dll, version: 8.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55e5a06c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000709a

Faulting process ID: 0x1698

Faulting application start time: 0x01d106bd0ff5fc5a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 14\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 14\AudioFilters.dll

Report ID: 918c10c4-53f6-428d-ae2c-7bd9004f1538

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 120329908816, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

P2: 14.0.0.0

P3: 55e5a5ad

P4: AudioFilters.dll

P5: 8.0.0.0

P6: 55e5a06c

P7: c0000005

P8: 000000000000709a

P9:

P10:

• 1. Re: Premier elements keeps crashing on windows 10 PC
          A.T. Romano Level 7

shenstoneUK

Please go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 14

and, in the Adobe Premiere Elements 14 Folder, please find the file name Audio Filters.dll, right click it, and select Properties.

In its Properties/General, what is the Open With program shown?

If you go Properties/Security, how are the permissions set up?

When you did the uninstall reinstall, did you use a cleaner like the free ccleaner  CCleaner - Download  in between the uninstall and reinstall? Did you do the reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled?

I am not Adobe. Just user to user.

Please consider, and then let us know of your progress as your time permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier elements keeps crashing on windows 10 PC
            shenstoneUK Level 1

HI ATR

thanks for the comments

The permissions on the file are as I would expect for a proper installation. (full for system and installer read and execute for users), and the software does operate for a while so it is not a permissions issue (which should throw a clean error and not just crash anyway)  it is something that happens within the program whilst running (a malformed call etc. )

I will not disable the firewall and AV for any installations. no reputable company should put out an install that needs that any more. It has been quite a few years since companies could expect you to do that. if PSE 14 needs that (12 did not) then I will have to revert to12 or use another product, and my registry is OK I do not use that product, but have used similar and PSE actually puts very few keys in the registry anyway.

Regards

Andy