• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see alignment gridlines when moving objects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  for some reason I no longer have alignment gridlines when moving objects and they do not move smoothly but rahter stay in place until the arrows have been moved and then the object jumps to a spot.  It makes it very difficult to align the object.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sounds to me as if you have turned on the "Snap to grid" function.

Unfortunately, my crystal ball is in the shop and my psychic skills are very rusty, so I'm not able to divine the version you are using. So I'll tell you how to toggle it using Version 9 and if yours is different, perhaps it's the same way or you can sort how to change it.

In Version 9, I click View > Snap to Grid

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick,

Apologies for not being specific.  Unfortunately, I have tried snap to grid with no positive results.  It was not selected.  I selected (checked) no diff, unchecked again, no diff

Acrobat version 2015.006.30060

Being used on a MAC Pro:  OS is El Capitan v10.11   <-- I am wondering if this is the problem.  Apple has become the new Microsoft allowing it's users to test the full implementations of their OS.  I upgraded just yesterday.  BIG mistake for interactions of other products (ex: Outlook) but that is beside the point.

I am hoping however that this is a configuration somewhere in the HUGE list of config's for this application.  But I have not seen anything yet.

Thank you for looking into this.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, it looks like you are not talking about Captivate but about Acrobat? If that is the case, please post it in the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources