2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2017 2:21 PM by cmscss

How do I separate pages in a PDF?

JoyceU Level 1

I have a multiple page PDF.  How do I separate the pages?

• 1. Re: How do I separate pages in a PDF?
          abhissha Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi,

Separating pages in a PDF document is possible using Acrobat application on PC/Mac. It is not possible to separate pages with Acrobat Reader mobile app.

Please find the details below on how to do this.

1. Extract pages

Open the PDF in Acrobat DC and choose Tools > Organize Pages. The Organize Pages toolset is displayed in the secondary toolbar.

In the secondary toolbar, click Extract. A new toolbar appears below the secondary toolbar with the commands specific to the Extract operation.

Specify the range of pages to extract. You can choose Even Pages, Odd Pages, Landscape Pages, Portrait Pages, All Pages, or enter the page number you want to perform the operation on.

In the new toolbar, do one or more of the following before you click Extract:

• To remove the extracted pages from the original document, select Delete Pages After Extracting.

• To create a single-page PDF for each extracted page, select Extract Pages As Separate Files.

• To leave the original pages in the document and create a single PDF that includes all of the extracted pages, leave both check boxes deselected.

The extracted pages are placed in a new document.

2. Split PDFs into multiple documents

Open the PDF and choose Tools > Organize Pages. The Organize Pages toolset is displayed in the secondary toolbar.

In the secondary toolbar, click Split. A new toolbar appears below the secondary toolbar with the commands specific to the Split operation.

In the Split By drop-down list, select the criteria for dividing the document:

Number Of Pages: Specify the maximum number of pages for each document in the split.

File Size: Specify the maximum file size for each document in the split.

Top-level Bookmarks: If the document includes bookmarks, creates one document for every top-level bookmark.

To specify a target folder for the split files and filename preferences, click Output Options. Specify the options as needed, and then click OK.

Thanks,

Abhishek

• 2. Re: How do I separate pages in a PDF?
            cmscss Level 1

Hi There,

I have this all ready to go but don't see an OK button anywhere - how do you actually get Acrobat to process and save the file into multiple PDFs?

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Ben