8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 10:54 AM by gp7024

Why is the 6.2.1 update still on the website?

gp7024 Level 1

Monday's release has a VERY VERY VERY serious fault, in that it willnot shut down.

This necessarily carries the risk that the catalog and other files on the PC may become corrupted.

So I am asking why is AD~OBE still allowing users to install this faulty release, why was it not withdrawn immediately it became apparent that it has this fault.

Also why are staff members still advising users to install this if there is no fix.

Further why does the Creative cloud installer not have the option to roll back to the previous release, that would have been a massive help to us all to get out of this disaster!!!!!!

• 1. Re: Why is the 6.2.1 update still on the website?
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It seems to fix some issues that have been introduced with 6.2 for some users.

Taking off 6.2.1 would mean to also taking off 6.2 to not make things even worse.

• 2. Re: Why is the 6.2.1 update still on the website?
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The “serious fault” doesn’t affect most people so the x.2.1 install is still out there for everyone else since x.2 was even worse.

• 3. Re: Why is the 6.2.1 update still on the website?
              gp7024 Level 1

This failure to shut down has made my windows installation totally unusable, I am only able to continue as I have a second copy of the previous release on a laptop that I did not update.

My attempts to follow the suggested work rounds, led to me using all my settings and I gave up trying to install an earlier version.

I don't understand your comment on the previous release (v6.2?) this worked fine for me.

But Mondays release is a disaster, I would advise all everyone to avoid using it at all.

It stalls somewhere in the shutdown sequence, there is no way of knowing what files are left open and partly updated, there is no way of knowing if one's precious catalogue is corrupted.

DO NOT USE 6.2.1

• 4. Re: Why is the 6.2.1 update still on the website?
                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If 6.2.1 doesn’t work for you don’t use it.  It crashes for less people than 6.2 did, which is why it was rushed out, and remains available.  Both 6.2 and 6.2.1 work fine for me other than the functionality for Import being removed, no crashes and no hangs on shutdown or otherwise.  Many of the problems related to crashing are the GPU usage so disabling that can help.

If you cannot figure out how to install 6.2 from a download link that’s a different problem, and unrelated to LR 6.2.1 hanging on your system.  One suggestion would be to make sure you’ve rebooted and immediately uninstalled LR 6.2.1 before attempting to download and install LR 6.2 or 6.1.1 from any download links you’re using.

• 5. Re: Why is the 6.2.1 update still on the website?
                  gp7024 Level 1

OK I have been checking my systems.

My laptop has the CC2015.1.1 release.

My main PC did not pick up the CC2015.2 release and only indicated updates available on Monday thus I went direct to CC2015.2.1 from 1.1.

The net result is the same in that for me Lightroom is effectively unusable, unless I can re-install 1.1.

I had no end of bother transferring presets, keywords etc to the laptop which is barely able to run Lightroom.

Given that ADOBE appears in no hurry to fix the shutdown bug that leaves me as a very unhappy customer.

• 7. Re: Why is the 6.2.1 update still on the website?
                    gp7024 Level 1

Thank you for the offered link, I had already found it.

However I am stuck using it.

It says download 2015.0.   That's a problem as there is no 2015.0 release listed on the link.

There is the trial release which downloads as a file Lightroom_6_LS11 NOTE no extension.

On my system this file is not recognised and is unusable.

Windows Properties describes the file as Adobe Extractor but is unable to do anything with it.

I originally installed using Creative cloud but I can't use that now as it will give 2015.2.1 again.

• 8. Re: Why is the 6.2.1 update still on the website?
                      gp7024 Level 1

Thank you F.Mclion for your assistance, I got there in the end, have managed to re-install 2015.1.1.

For some reason I have yet to determine the Lightroom_6_LS11 was downloaded without its .EXE file extension, I guess something in the download chain blocked it as dangerous.

Guess we now have to wait for a proper update, also may be best to let it stew for a while in case there are any other bugs.