3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 12:59 PM by A.T. Romano

updates for wrong version

stephens30889826

I just installed Adobe Premiere 14, and my adobe updater is sending me update recommendations for version 13.1. Should I update, just ignore, or is there a way to stop version 13 updates from appearing?

• 1. Re: updates for wrong version
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stephens

Premiere Elements 14 on what computer operating system?

The important question in this matter is do you have Premiere Elements 13/13.1 presently installed on the same computer with Premiere Elements 14?

If so, the Premiere Elements 14 Help Menu/Updates will present with all the update opportunities for all Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements versions installed on that computer.

Please consider and supply more information including what update Adobe wants to send you for Premiere Elements 13/13.1. When I go to Premiere Elements 13 Help Menu/Updates, the only update opportunity for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements is Camera Raw 9.2.

We will be watching for your reply as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Please see

Edit Menu/Preferences/Update

and

Help Menu/Updates and under the Preferences Tab of the Updates dialog

• 2. Re: updates for wrong version
            stephens30889826 Level 1

Hello,I am using windows 10 and when I run the update option from the help menu i get the update is for Adobe Premier 13.1. I thought all the other versions were taken off whenever I upgraded, but after a look through all the apps I see that I still have versions 12, 13, and 14 all on my computer.

To: Stephen Sauls <bro_ss@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 9:18 AM

Subject:  updates for wrong version

updates for wrong version

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionstephens Premiere Elements 14 on what computer operating system? The important question in this matter is do you have Premiere Elements 13/13.1 presently installed on the same computer with Premiere Elements 14?If so, the Premiere Elements 14 Help Menu/Updates will present with all the update opportunities for all Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements versions installed on that computer. Please consider and supply more information including what update Adobe wants to send you for Premiere Elements 13/13.1. When I go to Premiere Elements 13 Help Menu/Updates, the only update opportunity for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements is Camera Raw 9.2. We will be watching for your reply as your schedule permits. Thanks. ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8069671#8069671 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8069671#8069671 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: updates for wrong version
              A.T. Romano Level 7

stephens

Thanks for the follow up..

If you continue to have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 installed and activated on your computer, you can go to Help Menu/Updates and its Preferences and remove the check mark next to 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 so that you should not be getting update notices for them.

But, I would mention......you have these versions still showing in the Control Panel/Installed Programs.

But, did you ever deactivate either of them or both the last time you dealt with them? Deactivate and uninstall are not the same thing.

Any clarification needed on that, please let me know.

Thanks

ATR

Add On....If Premiere Elements 14 is now at Camera Raw 9.2, there is nothing for you to update for 14.