3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2006 2:52 PM by Newsgroup_User

Copy Files -  Building an Installer

Scotty T.H.
      Hi there team,
      I am trying to build a downloader of sorts but am getting hung up on the ... put fxObj.fx_FileCopyProgress("Content") ... line of code. Idealy I would like to copy files from a CD, save them to a Content folder created on the Mac HD and have a progress bar running as well. I'm using the code below but keep getting errors.
      Is there a guru among you who can sort me out.

currently the error message =
      Handler not found in object
      #fx_FileCopyProgress

If I change the line to ... fxObj.fx_FileCopy("CDfile") ... I get the error message =
      Wrong number of parameters
      fxObj.fx_FileCopy("CDfile")

I'm a Lingo novice really and quite lost. I'd appreciate any help.

• 1. Re: Copy Files -  Building an Installer
          Chunick Level 3
          first, change this line:
          fxObj.fx_FileCopyProgress("CDfile")
          to
          fxObj.fx_FileCopyProgress(CDfile)

because CDfile is a variable. Putting it in quotes means you're setting the path to "CDfile" which is not a path. fx_FileCopyProgress() accepts a string as a parameter, where the string is the full path where the file will be copied, but since you have your file path in a variable - a string variable - it just needs to be added as above.
          • 2. Re: Copy Files -  Building an Installer
            Scotty T.H. Level 1
            Ooops! A silly mistake. I've changed that but still get the same errors. I've also been trying to use fxObj.fx_CopyXFileProgress but with no success.
            • 3. Re: Copy Files -  Building an Installer
              Level 7
              > currently the error message =
              > Handler not found in object
              > #fx_FileCopyProgress

FileXtra4 doesn't have a method named thus. Perhaps you're confusing it
              with Buddy API?

> If I change the line to ... fxObj.fx_FileCopy("CDfile") ... I get the error
              > message =
              > Wrong number of parameters
              > fxObj.fx_FileCopy("CDfile")

As well as CDFile being (perhaps) a variable, fx_FileCopy requires 2
              parameters - the source file and the destination (including filename)
              you are trying to copy it to