4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 11:18 AM by Test Screen Name

install cs3 in windows 10?

cs3indesign Level 1

How do I install indesign cs3 in windows 10? I previously installed in windows 7 and subsequently upgrades to windows 10. Cs3 ran fine for two months and then stopped. Tried troubles shooter and various compatability settings. Tried reinstalling from original cd. Any help?

• 1. Re: install cs3 in windows 10?
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

CS3 is not supported under Windows 10. You are, unfortunately, on your own.

• 2. Re: install cs3 in windows 10?
            cs3indesign Level 1

Not sure what 'cs3 not supported under windows 10' MEANS. The windows 10 software doesn't support cs3 or cs3 is not supported by adobe? As I said in my original post. cs3 ran for two months under windows 10. Before that cs3 ran in windows 7 for three years. without and hiccups.  BELOW ID THE ERROR MSG FROM CS3 INDESIGN LOG. Probably not very helpful, but I thought I'd give it a try

Thanks

//=====================================================
            Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
            Fault address:  100114B5 01:000104B5 D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS3\ObjectModel.dll

Registers:
            EAX:0B342998
            EBX:0B342998
            ECX:08DBBEC0
            EDX:08DBBEA8
            ESI:00000000
            EDI:1002982C
            CS:EIP:0023:100114B5
            SS:ESP:002B:0019FA30  EBP:0B342980
            DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
            Flags:00010202

Call stack:
            Address   Frame     Logical addr  Module
            100114B5  0B342980  0001:000104B5 D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS3\ObjectModel.dll

• 3. Re: install cs3 in windows 10?
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can try trashing your preferences, but beyond that I’ve got nothing. CS3 is just too old to try and run on a brand new operating system. It’s now 7 versions out of date.

• 4. Re: install cs3 in windows 10?
                Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

"Not sure what 'cs3 not supported under windows 10' MEANS. The windows 10 software doesn't support cs3 or cs3 is not supported by adobe?" A very good point, as the word "support" is bandied around to mean different things.

1. Support = provide fixes for if it doesn't work. Not supported. Only CC2015 will have fixes provided, except that CS6 and later will have security fixes.

2. Support = will try to help with. No, Adobe won't help any more. It is LONG past "end of life".

3. Support = was designed to work with. Obviously not, it was finished long before Windows 10.

4. Support = tested against. No, crucially because of the above Adobe have not done any tests.

5. Support = manages to work with. This is the most difficult one. There may be various reasons why it doesn't work, and these aren't likely to be fully understood by the user community, and because of the above, Adobe people who might know more won't say. If it works, great. If it doesn't, our ability to help is limited. If you manage to solve anything, please let us know, you will be part of the supporting community.

6. Support = people in the community as a whole try to help. Sure, we do, but we don't have inside information; only the results people share with us. Very few of us will have first hand experience of trying to run such old stuff on new systems.

1 person found this helpful