1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 11:04 AM by canadianbeth

Why am I getting this error The document is licensed for a different user account

canadianbeth

I see others have had this problem but nothing was resolved.    I have an old Sony and a new Kobo and cannot load books onto either of them.    I put away the Sony when I bought the Kobo last spring and have had no problems at all until I bought some books at the beginning of this month.   Several error codes later I have just the one CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED  and when I click on the book itself get "The document is licensed for a different user account"     I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE twice and still get the error.   (I cannot put the books onto the Sony either).    I unauthorized the computer and tried using an older account, which I thought was defunct but worked, and still get the error.   I tried unauthorizing the computer, same result.   

I tried using the chat forum but the person there has no clue and told me to come here, because there are "experts" here..    Obviously many others have had this problem without any help.   I really hope that there is someone out there who knows how to fix this problem; otherwise I have paid for hundreds of books that I cannot read (Kobo told me to reset my reader) as well as much $$ for the new reader itself.