2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 2:37 PM by martonka

latest update: crash 15 s after every launch

martonka

Hi,

I updated Lightroom CC yesterday (I dont know build nr-s, so my previous version was the one with the classic import dialog) and after that Lightroom crashes every time I try to launch it.

I've a 64 bit Win10 machine I7 4790 @ 3,6 GHz proc, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GT 430, OS and Lrcat are in two different SSD-s and pictures in some HDD-s.

When I try to start it, Lightroom loads, few second later I see my latest pictures, other 2 secs and the filename and other metadata is shown, and after 6-7 sec and it crashes. No error code, just the small window "Due to the correct functioning of the program error has been lost. Windows will close the program and will notify you when to find solutions to the problem" (It's a stupid translation by Gooooogl from hungarian)

After every crash I delete the LOCK file near Lr catalog. The same issue if I try to open any other catalogs.

PS and CC desktop app works fine.

Thanks for your help,

Marton

• 1. Re: latest update: crash 15 s after every launch
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please post us the crash report.

To find the crash report below the below instructions

1. Click Windows Start button > Type event in Search programs and files field.
          2. Select Event Viewer

3. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latestevent with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column

4. Copy the text on the General tab.
          5. Paste the info here

Thanks

• 2. Re: latest update: crash 15 s after every launch
            martonka Level 1

Hi,

Here is the crash report:

A hibát okozó alkalmazás neve: lightroom.exe, verzió: 6.2.1.10, időbélyeg: 0x561477b9

A hibát okozó modul neve: PortableDeviceApi.dll, verzió: 10.0.10240.16384, időbélyeg: 0x559f3846

Kivételkód: 0xc0000005

Hiba pozíciója: 0x0000000000019619

A hibát okozó folyamat azonosítója: 0x1bb4

A hibát okozó alkalmazás indításának időpontja: 0x01d107873d8e8741

A hibát okozó alkalmazás elérési útja: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe

A hibát okozó modul elérési útja: C:\Windows\System32\PortableDeviceApi.dll

Jelentés azonosítója: 830e13aa-3dd9-4d46-8644-f3e86e95e3ab

A hibát okozó csomag teljes neve:

A hibát okozó csomag relatív alkalmazásazonosítója:

Thanks for your help!