2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 7:25 AM by A.T. Romano

I am using a Roland V-4EX video mixer to capture...I'm having troubles

jermisch2000

When I try to capture the video and audio through the USB I can only see the V-4EX in the audio and no video.  The only option for video is through my webcam...any suggestions?  Is it a driver issue?

• 1. Re: I am using a Roland V-4EX video mixer to capture...I'm having troubles
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jermisch2000

What version of Premiere Elements on what computer operating system.

The DV and HDV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements capture window are gone in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14. The following Adobe documents gives suggested workarounds for the situation.

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Firewire, not USB, is the way to go.

Depending on your computer operating system, there are 3rd party firewire capture programs that will give you the split clips to import into the Premiere Elements project.

Windows

Movie Maker

HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

WinDV   WinDV

Please consider and supply more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I am using a Roland V-4EX video mixer to capture...I'm having troubles
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jermisch2000

Add On to post 1....

Just took a look at Roland V-4EX video mixer, which basically looks like a webcam operation.

If the device is being recognized by the Premiere Elements Add Media/Get Media Webcam choice and you are getting audio but no video, then

we need to talk about the properties of the source....

video compression

audio compression

frame size

frame rate

interlaced or progressive

file extension

pixel aspect ratio

Are you recording 480p59.94 with that device? Premiere Elements project settings to explore before Webcam choice is selected - you would see File Menu/New/Project Change Settings for setting the project preset manually to

NTSC

DSLR

480p

DSLR 624 x480p60

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR