8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 8:18 AM by grigersinski

You can change the color of the keyframe icons in After Effects CC 2014 and 2015.

ericsbowman Level 1

Adobe removed the original discussion. This can help anyone who is having trouble seeing the blue keyframe colors. It took me all of 5-10 minutes to find the location of the icons and change their color back to yellow/gold. After waiting nearly a year for a fix to their UI color change, and countless excuses as to why it would be difficult to revert back, I found a solution:

Do the following if you'd like, but be sure to BACKUP THE DEFAULT ICONS FIRST.

For those who want to try this, close AE CC 2015 (or AE CC 2014) and proceed:

1. Make a backup of the PNG folder found at /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.app/Contents/Frameworks/AfterFXLib.framework/Versions/A/Resources/png
      2. Download my files here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71481/AE/YellowKeyframes.zip
        • This zip file contains PSDs and PNGs for ONLY the keyframe selected icons used in the timeline.
      3. Copy all of the pngs from my zip file, and paste them into the png folder /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2015/Adobe After Effects CC 2015.app/Contents/Frameworks/AfterFXLib.framework/Versions/A/Resources/png
        • It will prompt you to replace existing files. If you have created a backup of the png files already, just replace all of the pngs.
      4. Launch AE CC 2014 or AE CC 2015. Enjoy yellow keyframes.