3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 2:41 PM by A.T. Romano

Text becomes blurry after rendering video

Skjoett

Hey all,

I'm completely new to Premiere Elements, and I'm also new to editing besides windows movie maker. I'm using Premiere Elements 13, and I'm a Windows user. My problem is that text gets blurry after I've rendered the video I'm working on. Let me just post a couple of screenshots to demonstrate

Capture32.PNG

See now it's all fine and dandy. But then watch what happens after I've hit "Render".

Capture33.PNG

The pictures don't really justify how it looks like when in the program, but trust me it looks very blurry after I've rendered it. The only thing I've done, is pressing that "Render" button I have circled on the second screenshot. So what do I have to do?

• 1. Re: Text becomes blurry after rendering video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

skjoett

What computer operating system? From the looks of the Expert workspace in your screenshots, it looks like you are working with Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

As you already thought might be the case, your screenshots do not support your issue.

Nonetheless....

1. Right click the Edit area monitor, select Playback Quality, followed by Highest instead of Automatic.

2. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and (if HD project) set Timeline Rendering Quality to High quality/Slow speed.

3. Do a mini test run where you export the project to a file (Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = one of the appropriate MP4 choices).

Compare text before and after export.

4. Start a new project, and determine if the text issue is the same as in the problem project.

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Text becomes blurry after rendering video
            Skjoett Level 1

Thanks, that worked. I don't know why, but now the background color changes slightly after I've pressed "Render". Like froom maroon red as seen in the screenshots above, to some sort of orange/red. Doesn't bother me that much, but it can become a bit of a problem in the future.

• 3. Re: Text becomes blurry after rendering video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Skjoett

Thanks for the follow up. What seemed to be the deciding factor in getting the text clarify that you sort...

a. The Edit area monitor's Playback Quality to Highest

or

b. The Edit Menu/Preference/General Timeline rendering quality to High, quality, Slow, speed?

What does this all look like before and after export of the rendered Timeline?

That information may give us direction on why the color changed slightly with the better clarity.

Sounds like progress. Well done.

Please consider and supply more information if needed and as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR