2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 6:27 AM by katharine.hanlon

Lightroom 5 displays same folder multiple times

katharine.hanlon

Lightroom 5 library under the folders, the same server is displayed multiple times.  It is a shared network drive and the Mac computer is only connected to the drive one time, but lightroom sees the drive as 3 separate drives with the subfolders scattered. How do i condense this back to normal? Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 11.16.18 AM.jpg

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5 displays same folder multiple times
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi katharine.hanlon,

Would suggest you to disconnect your network drive and reconnect it back

then, relaunch Lightroom and import a fresh set of images to see if it recognizes it as one of the drives names already present or does it create a new drive with the same name.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5 displays same folder multiple times
            katharine.hanlon Level 1

After a lot of research, the problem is that the drive was mapped with one of the letters changed from capital to lower case.  Lightroom is case sensitive, so this caused it to see the shared network drive as two separate drives instead of one.  Once the path was corrected, and the "ghost" folders were emptied, the library was consolidated.

Thanks for your response, but I had already tried all of the obvious solutions such as disconnecting and reconnecting.

Im disappointed with the lack of customer support over the phone for simple questions such as this on older versions of lightroom.  All i needed to know was that lightroom was case sensitive with drive mapping.

Thanks for nothing adobe! #solvingmyownproblems