2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 7:20 PM by SOMBRITAS

Fireworks is now officially dead. Long live Fireworks!

Herbert2001 Level 4

the_king_is_dead_long_live_the_king.jpg

Today I noticed that Fireworks can no longer be purchased. In the past year the purchase link was hidden in this list:

https://www.adobe.com/ca/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_soft ware_sl_allsoftware_ca.html?start=40

However, Fireworks is no longer listed. 

With all the compatibility issues on El Capitan, and seeing that the development and support of Fireworks was halted back in May 2013, I think it is safe to say that Fireworks is now officially dead. One other user on this forum reported a couple of days ago that it seems to have been removed from the Creative Cloud list of available applications as well.

I recall a time I actively used Fireworks in my classes, and I introduced Fireworks to hundreds of students. Fireworks was a great web graphics application, and up till this very day, although the last version (CS6) was released almost three and a half years ago(!), it still offers features which no other application can match.

Let us celebrate the good times we had with Fireworks. Nothing lasts forever.

Bye Fireworks. You will be missed.

• 1. Re: Fireworks is now officially dead. Long live Fireworks!
          TripleGeep

Thanks for trying to cheer us up Herbert2001. I still use Fireworks daily and so far so good.

Photoshop's ridiculous interface still irks me every time I try to use it. We can only hope the Photoshop guys get a clue and try to port a little bit of the goodness that was Fireworks into that mess.

Sorry, I know lots of folks like Photoshop, but that is only because they have not had any time with the likes of Fireworks!

Oh well... single tear .  I guess I need to come to grips with the inevitable as well... good bye old friend!

• 2. Re: Fireworks is now officially dead. Long live Fireworks!
            SOMBRITAS

Adobe made big mistake, killing Fireworks, as you said, so far the best tool to work web layouts. Many people is moving to Sketch, as myself. So adobe at certain point will regret to kill Fireworks, will lose users.  : (   Absolute blindness.