2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 12:03 PM by johnrellis

Uncheck Show AddPhotos Screen

como26

As many others have reported I do not like the new import screen, I have searched for a way to disable the screen and found the following.

In the blog “Update on Lightroom 2015.2 / Lightroom 6.2 Release” it states

If you are experiencing crashing or slowdowns, please try the following:

• Go to Lightroom > Preferences.
      • Click on the General tab
      • Uncheck “Show ‘Add Photos’ Screen”
      • Restart Lightroom

However whenever I have unchecked “Show AddPhotos Screen” both before the latest update and after installing the update the “Show ‘Add Photos’ Screen” box is checked.

Is this another undocumented feature? Is there any way to go back to the old import method other than reinstalling an earlier version?

• 1. Re: Uncheck Show AddPhotos Screen
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi como26,

Ideally, when you uncheck "Show Add Photos Screen", it should remain unchecked.

Would suggest you to reset the preferences for Lightroom

Article with instructions : https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightrooms.html#id_9 0046

then, try to uncheck "Show Add photos Screen" and restart Lightroom to check if it remains that way.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to back to the old import screen apart from reinstalling the older version.

• 2. Re: Uncheck Show AddPhotos Screen
            johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

However whenever I have unchecked “Show AddPhotos Screen” both before the latest update and after installing the update the “Show ‘Add Photos’ Screen” box is checked.

Are you have trouble getting LR to exit properly?  Many people are, and in these cases, LR sometimes isn't able to write its preferences back to disk, so the next time you come back to the preferences, your changes have been lost. Some symptoms that LR is not exiting properly (or hanging): After exiting, you can't relaunch without rebooting your machine, and the Windows Task Manager or Mac Activity Monitor shows a Lightroom process still running.