3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2006 12:14 AM by nickmil

What about an eyedropper to create a base color

CShockr Level 1
      Chris...

I don't know how hard coded kuler is, but what would be nice is to have the eyedropper tool where a color in an image could be sampled as the base color and then the color wheel adjusted to pick compliments, etc. of that base color. Also, some way to mix 2 colors similar to InDesign's Mixed Ink Groups to generate a new color/s and then create new swatches off of the combined base color...

Another nice feature would be to have some sort of color blindness shifter for color swatches as this is going to become one hot topic in Web Design
        • 1. Re: What about an eyedropper to create a base color
          Lydia_Varmazis Level 1
          Hi There,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the eye dropper and a color image. We like this idea as well. Could you provide some additional insight on how you would like to see mix inks integrated with kuler? Why combine colors before selecting a base?

As an FYI, Chris is a great contributer to the kuler talk forum and we thank him for his on-going contribution. However, he is not part of the kuler development team.

The kuler team is Sami Iwata, Community Manager, Tim Strickland, Senior Computer Scientist and myself, Group Manager and whole lot of friends.

Cheers,

Lydia
          • 2. What about an eyedropper to create a base color
            CShockr Level 1
            InDesign's Mixed Ink Swatches really opens my students' eyes to the potential of designing with just 2 spot colors (which happens a lot in graphic design). However, finding a great mix color and then sorting through all of the swatches for accents and secondary colors can be overwhelming for beginning design students. What would be great is to mix inks, select a base color and then use the mixed base color to generate the accent and secondary colors using kuler and the rest of the mixed ink swatches.

Another idea along the same lines would be to generate "color swatches from image" along the lines of Corel Painter and allow people to save that out as a Swatch Exchange Palette.

Ooops...sorry about that! Chris ranks with the ubergods on the Photoshop Forum and has saved my bacon on more than one occasion...
            The kuler team is Sami Iwata, Community Manager, Tim Strickland, Senior Computer Scientist and myself, Group Manager and whole lot of friends.

I am really looking forward to using this tool both in Color Theory and in my Production Design and Electronic Prepress classes. My faculty are also evaluating it for use in Flash and Dreamweaver. Thank you so much for a very "kule" tool!

Christine Shock
            Multimedia and Graphic Design/Photography/Journalism Department Chair
            Red Rocks Community College

Text
            • 3. What about an eyedropper to create a base color
              nickmil
              ****Nevermind, I just answered my own question.....It's a little late in this part of the world.

All in all, a great product that has already improved my productivity. Thanks.