15 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2016 8:05 PM by lizabethp34104589

Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?

robertb15766851

I purchased a new computer yesterday which will have Windows 10 on it.  Will Premier Elements 12 work on a computer that has Windows 10?

• 1. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

robertb

I have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit and Windows Pro 64 bit, and all working well.

As I have been writing, my impression is remaining the same that the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 successes and failures are the same before and after upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit.

Any questions or need clarification on this, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Best wishes with your new computer and Premiere Elements 12/12.1 projects.

ATR

• 2. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
            shiptis93429587 Adobe Employee

Hi,

The Photoshop Elements 12 is not tested on the most recent Windows Operating system.

It may or may not work on your computer.

You could refer to the following link to know more about the technical specification of Premier Elements 12 : System requirements | Adobe Premiere Elements

Regards,

Shipti.

• 3. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

robertb

Regarding may or may not work.....

Add On to my post Post 1....There is no guarantee that Premiere Elements 12/12.1 will work on any computer, be it Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 which are included in the Adobe posted System Requirements for 12/12.1. However, consider that the probability that Premiere Elements 12/12.1 will work on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 is very high and the same whether or not Adobe acknowledges that it has tested 12/12.1 on 10 or not.

Although pointing to Adobe System Requirement in a case like this is understandable from the Adobe point of view, it is unrealistic from the point of view of the many users of the programs who prove computer support for versions that seem to have fallen through the cracks of versions and new computers and published System Requirements for a particular version..

And the relevance of

The Photoshop Elements 12 is not tested on the most recent Windows Operating system.

is not understood since you are asking about Premiere Elements 12, not Photoshop Elements 12/12.1. However, I would mention to you and Adobe that Photoshop Elements 12/12.1 and earlier versions of Photoshop Elements also do work on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit. I have reported on this at least once in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.

I and others have used and are using Premiere Elements earlier than 14 on Windows 10 64 bit with success. In my case, I have worked with Premiere Elements 2.0 through 14 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I would ask you to consider the what is.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                louisc5904534

Ik werk regelmatig met voice-over in mijn clips, maar sedert installatie Windows 10 werkt het niet meer naar behoren.

• 5. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

louisc

What version of Premiere Elements are you using - Premiere Elements 12/12.1 or other?

What is the specific problem with the Narration Tool and its results in your specific version of Premiere Elements on Windows 10 64 bit?

With that information, we can decide what next.

ATR

• 6. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                    louisc5904534 Level 1

Bij inspreken met headset en met de boxen uitgeschakeld kreeg ik steeds echo en bij de weergave hoor ik het enkel via de headset. Tegelijk is het originele geluid van de clip verdwenen en enkel via de headset te horen.

• 7. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                      louisc5904534 Level 1

Vergeten! de versie is 12, gekocht in januari 2014

• 8. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

louisc

Thanks for the replies.

In the Narration Tool dialog, please set the :"Mic Sensitivity" all the way to the left" and have a check mark next to "Mute Audio While Recording".

Please let us know the results. Have you done that before?

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                          louisc5904534 Level 1

Geen resultaat. Het geluid blijft via de koptelefoon lopen, maar niet via de boxen. Programma herinstalleren ? Dank voor de tips.

• 10. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                            louisc5904534 Level 1

Nog een vaststelling: ik heb nog een tweede clip waarop geluid staat. Als ik de USB headset actief maak valt het geluid uit in de boxen, het blijft wel spelen in de headset. Neem ik USB uit dan blijft het geluid weg en de clip blokkeert. Het werkt wel terug als ik het programma sluit en terug open.Maar dat werkt niet in de eerste clip, waarschijnlijk omdat ik toen de instellingen had opgeslagen.

• 11. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                              robertb15766851 Level 1

Thanks for your replies.  I put the order in with Dell for my new computer the same day that I posted my question about whether or not Adobe Premier Elements will work with Windows 10.  Dell is working hard on manufacturing that new computer and I expect to receive it in-hand at the beginning days of November.  That all being said, in my research of Adobe Premier Elements, I have found the there is now a version 14 which will edit in 4K.  Therefore, I may very well purchase this new version specifically for the 4K editing options.  The Premier Elements version 12 that I own will be moved, if this is possible, to another computer that is running windows 8.1.  That way, I have the software on two computers.

• 12. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

robertb

Thanks for the update. Sounds like great progress. New computer is exciting.

If you move Premiere Elements 12 to a new computer, good idea to deactivate it (Help Menu/Sign Out), before uninstalling it on another computer.

Premiere Elements 12, 13/13.1, and 14 all have project presets and export settings for 4K. And, Premiere Elements 12/12.1, 13/13.1, and 14 all work on Windows 10 64 bit. Please consider and explore this in your plans.

Looking forward to learning of your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 13. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                                  robertb15766851 Level 1

Hmmm.   So, if Premier Elements 12 supports 4K, then possibly I don't need to make the jump and the expenditure to v14.  But, there was one other new feature on v14 that looked interesting-Motion Titles.  My main editing is of my sons football games.  I thought that it might be a nice added feature to add in the motion titles in the year end video.

One of the things that prompted the new computer-to be able to edit longer highlight videos with less issues due to my current computers age and lack of power.

• 14. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

robertb

The Motion Titles are introduced in Premiere Elements 14. Have you seen the following?

Help | What's new in Adobe Premiere Elements 14

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Motion Titles

You might consider checking out your Premiere Elements 12/12.1 opportunities on the new computer and then deciding what will be to your advantage in editing and enhancing your sons football games footage.

If you do DV and HDV capture firewire into the Premiere Elements Capture Window in 12/12.1 for any of your workflows, please know that this feature is removed from Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14.

Best wishes

ATR

• 15. Re: Will Premier elements 12 work with Windows 10?
                                      lizabethp34104589

I would like to now *how* to get Premiere 12 onto my new computer, that has Windows 10?
                                      I have the serial number. How do I get the software onto my computer?