I had a hard drive crash and was able to recover LR. When I try to open LR only the screen with "catalogs" open. Which is fine to work in but when I import presets they without any problem but I can not get any brushes to load into LR. I am so frustrated and am in the busiest time of year for me. Not to mention all of the money I have spent on things I can't use. PLEASE HELP! Thank you.
Do you have the Brushes saved with your Catalog? Can you view them as .lrtemplate Files by clicking "Show Lightroom Presets" option and opening Folder Local Adjustment Presets’ ?
If yes Follow the steps below.
1. Open your Brushes folder you navigated to successfully
2. Copy all the .lrtemplate files from that folder
so you can paste them later.
2. Open your Lightroom Catalog and go to your preferences(Windows PC>>Edit>>Preferences) by clicking Lightroom in the top left and then “Preferences.”
3. In the Preferences window, click the ‘Presets’ tab at the top.
4. Under ‘Location’ click the ‘Show Lightroom Presets Folder’ button.
5. A Finder window will pop up. Open the ‘Lightroom’ folder, and then the ‘Local Adjustment Presets’ folder.
6. Paste your Lightroom Retouching Toolkit preset files into this folder.
7. Quit and relaunch Lightroom and you are ready to retouch!
Let us now if that helps