14 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2016 2:58 AM by Geoff the kiwi

Reduced Functionality

NomadNick Level 1

Opening lightroom cc, says it'll open with reduced functionality, and that I need to go to help>manage account. I've done that and everything is fine and they're billing me. Lightroom is also signed into my account. What's up?

• 1. Re: Reduced Functionality
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi NomadNick,

Could you please let me know what exact issue are you facing with Lightroom CC.

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: Reduced Functionality
            ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

In the account management screen, log out. Exit Lightroom. Restart LR, log in.

See if that solves the problem.

• 3. Re: Reduced Functionality
              julias69202427 Level 1

I am having the same problem, whats going on?

• 4. Re: Reduced Functionality
                julias69202427 Level 1

Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 9.50.07 AM.png

I have page for the full upgrade of LR why am I getting this?

• 5. Re: Reduced Functionality
                  julias69202427 Level 1

I just spent an hour online to customer support and they are telling me they dont know how to help me!!!!! Whats going on and why cant they help me?

• 6. Re: Reduced Functionality
                    julias69202427 Level 1

Sorry i meant to type "I have paid for the full upgrade of LR why am I getting this?"

• 7. Re: Reduced Functionality
                      julias69202427 Level 1

Someone please help me !

• 8. Re: Reduced Functionality
                        Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi julias

Please follow the steps mentioned in this thread  can't open developer in LR5

Let us know if that helps

~Akash

• 9. Re: Reduced Functionality
                          julias69202427 Level 1

This is why I am here and need help ASAP:

Laboney: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Julia Sumerling: Hi I had this case on Sept 11th

Julia Sumerling: Your Adobe ID: XXXXXXXXX Your Case Number:XXXXXXX Case Description:Subscription query- XXXXXXXXX With this response, we believe your issue is resolved and have therefore closed your case XXXXXXXX. If your support case has not been completed to your satisfaction or you need to contact us on this issue again, please reference your case number. You can reopen your case up to 14 days after it has been closed. From: suppnr@adobe.com To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Hi Julia , Thank you for contacting Adobe Customer Service. This email is in reference to your interaction with us regarding the subscription cancellation. Because you bought Light room separately, I have canceled your Creative cloud Photography plan without incurring any additional fee. Your case # for reference: XXXXXXX Please feel free to contact us for further assistance. Thank you. Adobe customer support.

Laboney: Please allow me 1-2 minute(s) to review your account details.

Julia Sumerling: Now lightroom wont open and is telling me to update my subscription and asking for serial number

Julia Sumerling: I dont know where to find the serial number or where to put it

Laboney: Please allow me 1-2 minute(s) to review your account details.

Laboney: As per your chat submission,I understand you are not able to locate the serial key for your software Lightroom 6,Is that correct ?

Julia Sumerling: yes

Laboney: are you able to login to your adobe id XXXXXXXXXXX?

Julia Sumerling: yes thats how i am contacting you now

Laboney: Okay login to your adobe id

Julia Sumerling: I paid for the upgrade so why am I unable to use lightroom

Laboney: Go to manage accounts

Laboney: Then select plans and product

Laboney: you will able to see your product

Julia Sumerling: ok

Julia Sumerling: Its saying this:

Julia Sumerling: Your plan: Creative Cloud Free membership You have access to 30-day free trials of all our products, limited access to services, and 2 GB of cloud storage.

Julia Sumerling: Nothing about LR

Laboney: Are you able to see manage accounts ?

Julia Sumerling: Why is LR not there

Laboney: Okay no need to worry I am sending your serial keys via email

Julia Sumerling: Thank you

Julia Sumerling: Did you send it yet?

Laboney: Please allow me a moment

Julia Sumerling: ok thanks

Laboney: I have sent the serial key

Laboney: Please check and let me know

Julia Sumerling: I have LR open now running for limited usage, please tell me where I need to put the serial no.

Laboney: Did you downloaded Lightroom ?

Julia Sumerling: Yes

Laboney: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Laboney: This is the link to download Lightroom 6

Laboney: It will ask during installation for the serial key

Julia Sumerling: Lightroom 6 already on my computer

Laboney: Are you getting an option to enter the serial key ?

Julia Sumerling: I have been using it already for the past month

Julia Sumerling: Where do I put the serial no

Laboney: I can see that Lightroom 6 has not been activated

Laboney: When you will open lightroom 6 ,it will ask for the serial key

Julia Sumerling: No its just telling develope model is diabled and its asking me to purchase a develope modual liscence

Laboney: Please try to install the software from the link

Laboney: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Julia Sumerling: OK I am not home now and I I have very limited net access and unable to download any software and need to use LR, which I have paid for and downloaded I dont get this

Julia Sumerling: Why I cant use LR now

Laboney: Please try to download the product from the link and then install it with the help of serial key that I have provided you

Laboney: Are we still connected?

Julia Sumerling: I cant download it I have very little internet connection

Julia Sumerling: I was given the link to to the upgrade before and uploaded it. Why do I have to do it again?

Julia Sumerling: I thought I already went through this process a month ago!

Laboney: Okay if you have already downloaded the product then launch the application and then it will ask to enter the serial number 

Julia Sumerling: I cant acces my photos I am away with my family I cant show them any photos.

Julia Sumerling: This is so frustrating

Laboney: I apologize for the inconvenience.

Laboney: Please try to launch the application and then it will ask to enter the serial key

Julia Sumerling: Your file was successfully uploaded: Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 9.50.26 AM.png.

Julia Sumerling: Your file was successfully uploaded: Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 9.50.26 AM.png.

Julia Sumerling: Thats what I am getting

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to julesthing@yahoo.com.au at the end of your chat.

Laboney: Please sign out and sign in again,then click license the software

Laboney: And then enter your serial key

Laboney: Sign out from the help menu

Laboney: Your product will be activated once you enter the serial key .

Julia Sumerling: I sign out and then in and I just get the same screen and this message

Laboney: Do you see any option to license the software ?

Julia Sumerling: no

Julia Sumerling: Your file was successfully uploaded: Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 9.53.23 AM.png.

Laboney: Please again try to sign out and sign in again

Laboney: There will be an option for license the software

Julia Sumerling: where?

Julia Sumerling: where do I find that?

Julia Sumerling: I signed in and out several times and end up always with the same screen

Laboney: I am really sorry this is a technical issue

Laboney: You either need to download the product from the link

Laboney: And then install it

Laboney: Or you need to visit our adobe forums

Laboney: Please visit Adobe User Forums at http://www.adobe.com/support/forums

Laboney: We want to inform you that this issue is only supported on Forums.adobe.com as we have a team of Expertise who are trained and have knowledge about this product.

Laboney: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Julia Sumerling: What?But I already did this and paid for this a month ago, why am I having this issue?

Julia Sumerling: You cant help me?

Laboney: For this issue you need to visit our adobe forums

Laboney: Please visit Adobe User Forums at http://www.adobe.com/support/forums

Laboney: We want to inform you that this issue is only supported on Forums.adobe.com as we have a team of Expertise who are trained and have knowledge about this product.

Julia Sumerling: But I need to sort this out now

Laboney: So please visit our forums

Julia Sumerling: Is there no one else there who can help me?

• 10. Re: Reduced Functionality
                            julias69202427 Level 1

I deleted the file as recommended in the thread, now LR just gives me the mac rainbow wheel of death and is no longer responding!

I have to go, I spent 2 hours on this now trying to get this sorted.

I have to teach a photography class later today, now with no way of showing photos to my family.

Very dissapointed in how this is going. Now I am getting so mad and its on a public forum for the world to read, its unprofessional and I would rather have kept this conversation private. I would have preferred a private conversation for you sake.

I need to fix this ASAP.

I will be in touch later today if I get time.

I need this resolved

• 11. Re: Reduced Functionality
                              Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

We Apologize for the inconvenience.I have sent you a Private message.Please reply to that once you are back.

• 12. Re: Reduced Functionality
                                julias69202427 Level 1

Hi Akash,

Please call me tomorrow afternoon on <*****Edited*****>, that is the earliest time I have and can get this resolved now.

Thanks

Julia Sumerling

• 13. Re: Reduced Functionality
                                  atefehmoosavian Level 1

No.. It is not helpin... Again, The same error

• 14. Re: Reduced Functionality
                                    Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What do you want?? Start a new thread please...