14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 11:15 AM by Keith_Reeder

New import

Gregorius95

I installed yesterday a new update for Lightroom CC. I get a new import screen where i miss the "move" option (during the import moving from directory A to directory B). Do i oversee something?

• 1. Re: New import
          dj_paige Level 9

As far as I know, the MOVE option is no longer available. If you want to move the photos, you can do this in your operating system, and then import via ADD.

• 2. Re: New import
            Gregorius95 Level 1

Thank you for your response. Strange, but ok i have to change my workflow. Do you know why they made it no longer available?

• 3. Re: New import
              Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi Gregorius,

Move option has been removed from Lightroom 2015.2.1 as a deprecated feature. It is no longer available in the latest version of Lightroom CC.

Hope this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 4. Re: New import
                johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
                Do you know why they made it no longer available?

Adobe was trying to simplify the import screen, which they said was very difficult for new users to learn. However, many, many existing users objected loudly to removing existing features, so Adobe recently announced they would be "restoring import workflows" and will "restore the previous import experience": Lightroom 6.2 Import Update. It's not clear yet exactly what that means, so I suggest that you add your vote and details about how you used Move to this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/new-update-6-2 . It's by far the most "popular" topic ever in that forum, but until Adobe announces details for the new (old) Import, your opinion is still important, especially considering that Adobe said, "We will continue to investigate ways to improve the ease of use of our photography products and will do so via an open dialog, with both existing and new customers."

• 5. Re: New import
                  Mike_W94107

I am shocked by the latest changes to Lightroom's Import UI - it is horrible. What were they thinking?

• 6. Re: New import
                    Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi Mike,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please refer : Lightroom 6.2 Import Update

~Mrinmay

• 7. Re: New import
                      rft1020 Level 1

IT NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK.

• 8. Re: New import

Feedback in this forum is unlikely to have any influence on Adobe product developers, who rarely participate here.  Did you add your vote and opinion to the official topic in the Adobe feedback forum, as described earlier in this thread? http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/new-update-6-2

• 9. Re: New import
                          Keith_Reeder Level 4

rft1020 wrote:

IT NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK.

And you need to turn your CAPS LOCK off.

• 10. Re: New import
                            rft1020 Level 1

No, the CAPS LOCK does not need to be turned off.  The CAPS LOCK was intentional.  Removing the MOVE was one of the stupidest moves made by Adobe.  The entire Import screen changes is a mess.

• 11. Re: New import
                              rft1020 Level 1

Yes, I added my vote and this forum does draw quite a bit of readership, some from people that may be able to do something.  If you cannot complain about a poorly designed feature in this forum, there is really no use for this forum.

• 12. Re: New import

I don't have any personal objections to complaints being voiced in this forum (forums.adobe.com). I'm just trying to help you and others be more effective in getting Adobe's attention.  But feel free to ignore my advice -- free advice is worth its price.

Over four years ago, Adobe introduced feedback.photoshop.com and asked that product feedback be posted there. As a very active participant in both forums, I've observed that product developers and their immediate representatives do actively participate in feedback.photoshop.com, and the feedback in that forum has demonstrably influenced Adobe.  I've provided a fair amount of direct, pointed feedback there.

Conversely, this forum (forums.adobe.com) is primarily a user-to-user forum in which users may receive help using LR and discuss LR issues, and many, many people have found it very helpful. Product developers very rarely participate in this forum.  Very recently, Adobe customer-support contractors have started providing routine support here, but there is no evidence that what they read here is being relayed reliably and accurately to the product developers.

• 13. Re: New import
                                  Keith_Reeder Level 4

rft1020 wrote:

No, the CAPS LOCK does not need to be turned off.  The CAPS LOCK was intentional.  Removing the MOVE was one of the stupidest moves made by Adobe.  The entire Import screen changes is a mess.

And all you're doing is SHOUTING at other users - we aren't Adobe, you aren't talking to Adobe, so your tantrum is misdirected and unwelcome.

• 14. Re: New import
                                    Keith_Reeder Level 4

rft1020 wrote:

If you cannot complain about a poorly designed feature in this forum, there is really no use for this forum.

Wrong again. People come here for - and usually get - good advice, and solutions to their problems.