2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2015 5:13 AM by ikea-katalog

how to create and animate viscous black oil?

ikea-katalog

Hi!

Can i ask you a question?

I want to create an oily, viscous liquid and than animate it so that it „wobbles“

But i don't even have an idea how to create the grafic.

I attached a pic. Here you can see how the liquid should look.

(In the Background. Red dots and all the other stuff deosn't matter)

It would be so great and very helpful if anyone would have an idea and would share it.

Thank you in advice,

best,

Peter

Bildschirmfoto 2015-10-16 um 20.17.10 copy.jpg

• 1. Re: how to create and animate viscous black oil?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are talking about the background I would start by creating a shape layer with two gradient fills at right angles to each other. The top gradient would be set to multiply so you end up with something like this:

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 5.57.00 PM.png

Then I would start messing with things like CC Ball Action or Mr Mercury to get something like this that is moving slowly:

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 5.59.10 PM.png

Then you could pre-compose that layer and add something like CC Glass to end up with something like this:

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 5.59.57 PM.png

Then you just experiment to get the look you want. Given enough time you could replicate the look of the background very closely. There are lots of distortion and simulation effects to play with. The trick is to start with something that will give you different colors. Creating a rectangle with a gradient fill and then duplicating the gradient and messing with angles and blend modes can give you a nice place to start.

• 2. Re: how to create and animate viscous black oil?
            ikea-katalog Level 1

wow. that helped a lot. first i struggled with the gradient fill and how to copy/paste it.

but i followed everything an it turns out really nice. thank you sir!