2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2015 5:42 PM by Chantal W K

Why Lightroom won't import edited files properly?

Chantal W K Level 1

When I was using Lightroom 3, I edited my images with "Edit in Adobe Photoshop...", "saved as..." in the same folder and it would appear side by side with the original picture in Lightroom, in the same collection as the original.

Now with Lightroom 6 when I do the same process the file is imported into Lightroom, but it doesn't show in the same collection like before.

It appears in the library if I look into the folder, but I need it to appear in the same collection.

"Stack with original" is turned on.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Why Lightroom won't import edited files properly?
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

It seems that LR works this way- (I don't know if that has always been the case)

If you select an image in the Library Grid and "Edit-in Photoshop" then the new image returns only to the Grid view.

If you select an image in the Collection view and "Edit-in Photoshop" then the new image returns to BOTH the Grid and Collection views.

• 2. Re: Why Lightroom won't import edited files properly?
            Chantal W K Level 1

Thanks for your answer wobertc!

I've solved the mystery, it seems that if I edit the photo from a Collection Set it won't appear in the Collection...

If I edit the photo directly from the collection, (right-click - "go to collection"), it will appear in the collection. Even if I save it with another name or in a completely different folder in the computer, sweet.

I don't know if it has always been this way...