4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2015 5:59 PM by A.T. Romano

PE12 hang up during Application Intialization - "Loading Exporter Quick Time Host.prm"

paulc45062824

Hard drive crashed, so having to re-load PE12.

Downloaded fine

Installed fine

Double clicked the icon and it indicated "Initializing Application"

The initiation got hung up at "Loading Exporter Quick Time Host.prm"

I had Quick Time 7.7.x installed (can't remember the third digit).

I read in the forum that Quick Time 7.7 did something similar to what I experience and that using Quick Time 7.6 worked.

So, I un-installed Quick Time 7.7 and installed 7.6, rebooting frequently.

Same problem.

Un-installed PE12 and re-installed PE12.

Same problem.

Thanks to anyone who can provide any guidance.

PWC

• 2. Re: PE12 hang up during Application Intialization - "Loading Exporter Quick Time Host.prm"
          A.T. Romano Level 7

paulc

QuickTime 7.7.8 is the latest version of QuickTime 7. It should be OK. The only place where there is a problem with is has been Windows 10 64 bit.

Apple has a problem with 7.7.8 on Windows 10 64 bit. And, until Apple works out that problem, I have been pointing to QuickTime 7.7.6 which is not actually the latest version, but it is meeting the Premiere Elements QuickTime 7 requirement. I assume that you are running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges.

This is what I am suggesting for your consideration....

1. Uninstall Premiere Elements 12 and QuickTime whatever version you current have installed.

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - Download.....all you need is the free ccleaner.

3. Reinstall first QuickTime 7.7.8  QuickTime - Download - Apple and then Premiere Elements 12 with the antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Then let us know the outcome. In the meanwhile, I will go searching through some recent threads....a Premiere Pro user posted in this forum with a suggested fix for "anyone" with the Exporter Quick Time Host.prm issue. Since there have been other reported "fixes", not sure anyone has challenge this what worked for this user. My recollection is the permissions are at the core of this issue. The following thread was just the first that I ran into on the topic. There is a Premiere Elements 11 user in the mix contributing a solution.

Loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle

Then there the Premiere Pro people with their approaches in their program

ExporterQuicktimehost.prm - Loading Hangup

To be continued....

ATR

• 3. Re: PE12 hang up during Application Intialization - "Loading Exporter Quick Time Host.prm"
            paulc45062824 Level 1

Hello ATR,

I have attempted to follow your directions to the letter, without success.

The other forum strings were interesting, but the only thing that I thought was relevant to me was the Task Manager Processes.  I ended all Adobe processes and re-started PE12, with the same result.  It gets hung on the Exporter Quick Time Host.

I have McAfee Total Protection, so I don't know if this could be part of the issue.  I turned off the firewall, anti-virus and anti-spam, during all of these activities.

One of the forum strings indicated opening PE as the administrator.  I am running a single user, with what I think are full administrative rights; but I am not positive.  Can you tell me how to open PE as the administrator?

Thanks again for your help, but I think we are running short of options.

• 4. Re: PE12 hang up during Application Intialization - "Loading Exporter Quick Time Host.prm"
              A.T. Romano Level 7

paulc

Even without this difficult error, the program needs to be run from a user account with administrative privileges.

Please go to Control Panel/User Accounts and Family Safety, Add or Remove User Accounts. You should be working from a user account which has "administrator" in its label description.

You can also...right click the desktop icon for the program and apply run as administrator. Or go to

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Element 12

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder find and right click the file specifically named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. From the pop up, apply Run As Administrator. Then double click Adobe Premiere Elements.exe to determine if it will open to its workspaces without problems.

Did the uninstall, ccleaner, reinstall of QuickTime 7 have any effect. QuickTime besides Premiere Elements should be run from a user account with administrative privileges.

I will think about this some more. Still looking for the recent thread with the claimed sure fix.

To be continued...

ATR