4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2015 7:06 PM by Jeff Almasol

Mousetrack drags whole torso

akdonovan

Apologies if this has been answered anywhere else, I couldn't find it.

Anyway, My mousetracks are dragging the whole torso as well as the arm, no matter what I do. I tried recreating the character over a second template, and the issue remains... see screenshot, which also shows my photoshop settings...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x4sc9114nqzcx6/STRECTJING-ISSUE.png?dl=0

Cheers!

• 1. Re: Mousetrack drags whole torso
          KJerryK MVP & Adobe Community Professional

While the whole character warps to some extent in most cases, the amount of warp can be significantly reduced by judiciously placing fixed points on the character.

Here is a way I did it. I went from the first warping, to the second warping by adding the fixed points shown, using the pen tool on Photoshop

Before.jpg  After.jpg  Fixed points.jpg

• 2. Re: Mousetrack drags whole torso
            KJerryK MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Oops, I forgot to show where I put the fixed points

Here they are.jpg

• 3. Re: Mousetrack drags whole torso
              akdonovan Level 1

Thanks for that KJerryK. Unfortunayely it didn't work for me... still getting the insane distortion. The arm pushes the chracter away when one drags it towards the charcter and completely distorts when dragging away - see images... I put the fixed points just where you did, but no avail...

resting:

resting.png

toward:

towards.png

away

away.png

• 4. Re: Mousetrack drags whole torso
                Jeff Almasol Adobe Employee

Your mesh might be using Rectangle instead of Contour. It's set by default to Auto, which tries to determine the best mode. However, if you have some stray pixels (or "islands"), it will use a Rectangle mesh. Either try switching the layer the mesh is on to Contour explicitly, or seeing if you can remove stray pixels in the artwork. If you'd like us to diagnose the artwork file, feel free to send us a shared link to it. You can send a private message with the link if you prefer. Thanks.