3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2015 3:03 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 no longer works

Madget

I have an authorised copy of Adobe Premiere Elements 13. It was working fine but now it won't let me use the full version. When I try to licence it it closes. It told me to use the Trial Version which I did but now the trial's run out and I can't use it at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still won't work.Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 no longer works
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Madget

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system?

When you are getting these messages about trial, if you have purchased the product already, do you click on License this Product to get the program operational?

It is late where I am, so I will leave you with the question already asked as well as offer the Adobe document on licensing issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-stopped-windows.html

In the morning morning we will try to sort out the details to distinguish between a licensing issue and something else in your program set up.

To be continued....

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 no longer works
            Madget Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. I have a PC and am running Windows 10.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 no longer works
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Madget

Thanks for the reply.

The usual to rule in or out...

1. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Do you have QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 13/13.1, and are you running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges?  QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows  QuickTime 7.7.6 will meet the Premiere Elements QuickTime 7 requirement even though it is not the latest version of QuickTime 7 which is 7.7.8 (Apple has a problem with 7.7.8 on Windows 10 64 bit).

3. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

The seemingly more relevant...

What happens each time you get the tryout dialog and select License this product? How far do you get with this approach?

Also

1. Rename the SLCache and SLStore Folders.

SL Store

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the SLStore folder that you rename to SLStoreOLD.

SLCache

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the SLCache Folder that you rename to SLCacheOLD.

2. Have you tried the uninstall the usual Control Panel way, followed by a run through with the free ccleaner (regular and registry parts), followed by reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled?  CCleaner - Download

Please consider the above and then we can determine what next.

Thanks

ATR