5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 7:54 AM by A.T. Romano

What is the  secret to installing Pemier14

faderfotographics1457

It seems to keep detecting a fictional imminent computer restart and will not initialise

• 1. Re: What is the  secret to installing Pemier14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

faderfotographics

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 14?

What are you using for installation - downloaded purchased installation files or installation disc from purchased of the boxed packaging of the product?

If this is the only issue

It seems to keep detecting a fictional imminent computer restart

Ignore the message and continue. As I recall, the dialog with the message includes an Ignore button. Just click that Ignore button. Many, including myself, have gotten that message for various Premiere Elements installs.

Please consider and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: What is the  secret to installing Pemier14
            faderfotographics1457 Level 1

I have Windows 7  the 64 bit Home Edition and Premier was purchased as a download package. Even after ignoring the message, the setup starts to Initialise and fails at about 70% with the 'Installer failed to initialise' message.

Laughably, it directs you to download the Adobe Support Advisor which no longer exists.

I have also tried without firewalls and antivirus programs to no avail.

• 3. Re: What is the  secret to installing Pemier14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

faderfotographics1457

Premiere Elements 14 on Window 7 64 bit.

Please let us work through the following....I am assuming that you never got the installer to work...is there any chance that you downloaded a set of installation files for 32 bit computer instead of 64 bit computer?

For now...

1. Run the free ccleaner (regular and registry cleaner parts)  CCleaner - Download

1. Download and install the Premiere Elements 14 installation files (for 64 bit computer) from the following location

Other downloads

Do this with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

2. If necessary, use change to another computer default browser. What computer browser are you using now?

3. Do not forget - latest version of QuickTime 7 installed before on this computer. And, be running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges).

Please consider and let us know the outcome.

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: What is the  secret to installing Pemier14
                faderfotographics1457 Level 1

I tried this procedure to no avail.

I have settled for the 32 bit on a second machine that installed just fine.

Many thanks for your efforts.

Fader

• 5. Re: What is the  secret to installing Pemier14
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Fader

Thanks for the update.

If you decide to revisit Premiere Elements 14 64 bit install, please let me know and we will explore the details of the why not this install was not successful for you.

Premiere Elements 14 is a 32 bit application when installed on a 32 bit computer and will limit the computer resources for you....32 bit, max supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which 3 GB or less of that are available. Also, if you go to import a photo which is over a certain pixel count, cannot do. Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit is a 64 bit application which can take advantage of more computer resources and no photo pixel count block. It will allow you to take to completion the larger or HD projects to a higher degree of success.

Please see what works for you.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR