12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 4:25 PM by Akash Sharma

Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"

Mobilizr

The "Sync with Lightroom Mobile" status is stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos" and never progresses beyond that. It used to work fine until the recent version upgrades. I have no idea what to do at this point to prompt Lightroom to move on.

• 1. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi Mobilizr

Could you please sign out of Lightroom mobile and sign back in.

Rename the Sync.lrdata File to Sync.Lrdata.old

You can find the sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users//Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

Once done Restart Lightroomshould try to reconcile your local synced data and the cloud synced data.

Let us know if that helps

~Akash

• 2. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"
            Mobilizr Level 1

Thanks for your reply Akash. Unfortunately it did not help. I did the steps, then saw the Lightroom status show it was syncing several thousand photos when restarted, but it quickly settled back to "Syncing 328 Photos" and no progress again.

Interestingly under the "Folders" section it no longer shows the iPhones it is importing the photos from, which it used to. I recently switched to new iPhones for my wife and I. I removed the older iPhones from the Folders section and maybe this is related?

• 3. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"

Sign out of all other Devices Running Lightroom mobile

On your Computer Open Lightroom >>Preferences>>Lightroom mobile Select Delete All data

If it still does that send us the Diagnostics log(via Private message)

You can trigger the log via Lightroom Desktop Preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the Alt/Option key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

~Akash

• 4. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"
                Mobilizr Level 1

Hi Akash,

I did this step and I am now seriously alarmed.

On my Lightroom Desktop I have no syncing activity happening at all.

When I sign in on my iPhone back into Lightroom Mobile I have no photos showing.

I have thousands of photos in Lightroom. They are the master. I have edited hundreds of these photos. Please please tell me that I have not lost anything in following your instructions????

I need help and need it fast at this point.

Matthew

• 5. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"

You need to sync the Pictures again from your Mobile devices/Lightroom Desktop.

I have thousands of photos in Lightroom. They are the master. I have edited hundreds of these photos

Lightroom Mobile do not keep your Original Pictures on Cloud.They are just a Preview of your Masters Those can be viewed and edited on Your mobile devices.

Simply start the sync for all the Collections and you will see that Sync will start again

~Akash

• 6. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"
                    Mobilizr Level 1

Attached is the log file.

Please please help me asap. I have thousands of edited photos in Lightroom from a 6 month world trip and I am now panicking that I have lost my photo edits and the last several weeks of photos that were in Lightroom Mobile and had not yet synced to the desktop due to the issue as described in this email thread.

I have now logged back into Lightroom Mobile on both my iPad and iPhone and the Library is completely empty

• 7. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"
                      Mobilizr Level 1

Hi Akash,

That is the whole point. There is no syncing.

On the Desktop Lightroom I am signed in, and I have ensure that “Sync” is turned on. I saw the message “Sync On” appear.

But there is no sync progress bar showing.

And I have logged back into Lightroom Mobile on my iPad for example. And I have nothing showing. Please see the attached screenshot.

For clarity the steps I took that resulted in the current status quo are the steps you sent me:

1. Sign out of all other Devices Running Lightroom mobile

2. On your Computer Open Lightroom >>Preferences>>Lightroom mobile Select Delete All data

I did both these steps and also renamed the “Sync.lrdata” as you had told me to do in the past.

Please tell me what to do at this point.

I have reattached the log file as well.

• 8. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"
                        Mobilizr Level 1

Hi again Akash,

OK I understand what is going on now. The problem is at no point was it mentioned what the impact of Lightroom > Preferences > Lightroom mobile > "Delete All data” does.

Now that I blindly follow that step and realised what it actually does, I would have done this completely differently.

At this stage I will try and proceed from here and see if I can clean all this up.

Thanks for your help so far.

Matt

• 9. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"
                          Mobilizr Level 1

Hi Akash,

So I have started syncing files again.

I have synced 2 collections.

I added 1 photo to the collection on my iPhone.

And I am back to square one. The photo is not appearing on my desktop.

I have attached the log file for you. It says “Syncing 2 photos”. The status does not change. The new photo does not appear.

Please help me to solve this issue once and for all.

Matthew

• 10. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"
                            I have attached the log file for you. It says “Syncing 2 photos”. The status does not change. The new photo does not appear.

You need to use a File upload service like Dropbox.Then share the link with us

You could also send us the Diagnostics log to the Email address I sent you as a Private message.

Regards

~Akash

• 11. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"
                              Mobilizr Level 1

Hi Akash,

I have worked out what the problem is. And yes you are correct it is related to something on the desktop blocking the syncing.

Specifically what I did was put a shortcut on my Macbook from /Users/Matthew/Pictures/Lightroom > a folder in my Dropbox. I did this to stop Lightroom from auto creating the “Pictures/Lightroom" folder there all the time, and just force it to use Dropbox instead. However the shortcut was obviously the root of the issue.

When I removed the shortcut, and allowed Lightroom to auto-create the folder again, then all of a sudden a new file was created called “Mobile Downloads.lrdata” - which obviously contains the photos from my mobile devices that are synced to the desktop. And in Lightroom I saw my “iPhone 6S Plus” appear once again as a device, with the photos taken on it.

So in the end the issue was entirely my fault. I am so sorry that it took so long for me to realise what the issue was, and remember that I had made this change a few weeks ago.

Going back to my initial bug report I guess the big clues were:

1. Stuck on “Syncing X Photos”

2. I mentioned that the mobile devices were not listed in Lightroom Desktop anymore

Hopefully this will help next time if somebody reports a similar issue. I know many of my friends are trying Lightroom and are also wanting to have the additional peace of mind of putting the collections in Dropbox so that we never lose our photos and editing. So others may make the same mistake - trying to be too clever!

I hope that description of the issue makes sense. And once again I want to say thank you for persevering with helping me resolve this, and sorry for mucking you around in the end with me causing the issue in the first place. I should have realised sooner.

Sincerely,

Matthew

PS: While I have you here - I am really missing the ability to share photos to "iCloud Photo Sharing” from Lightroom Mobile. It used to be there as an option in previous versions, and all of a sudden disappeared with one of the recent updates. Which means that I need to save my edited photos back to my Camera Roll so that I can send photos to my families iCloud Photo Stream - which then means Lightroom reimports the photos, and I have duplicates. Messy. If it is possible to get the option of sharing to iCloud Photo Stream directly once more it would really be appreciated.

• 12. Re: Stuck on "Syncing 328 Photos"

Thanks for the update!

Glad to know it's been sorted out.

PS: While I have you here - I am really missing the ability to share photos to "iCloud Photo Sharing” from Lightroom Mobile. It used to be there as an option in previous versions, and all of a sudden disappeared with one of the recent updates. Which means that I need to save my edited photos back to my Camera Roll so that I can send photos to my families iCloud Photo Stream - which then means Lightroom reimports the photos, and I have duplicates. Messy. If it is possible to get the option of sharing to iCloud Photo Stream directly once more it would really be appreciated.

This is a known issue with Lightroom mobile.We are working on this

Regards

~Akash